Responsive Site Designer - Anyone...

User 2093747 Photo

69 posts

I know there have been several small references in other threads to the new Responsive Site Designer that is expected to release "soon", but I wanted to start a new thread in hopes of getting some more updates. I've been using VSD for several years now and am more than ready to start using a new responsive version. Can anyone within Coffeecup give us some info what what this version "might" include? When could we see it... this year? Will it be as easy to use as VSD?

Thanks,
Bill
WHC
Quick Biz Websites
www.quickbizwebsites.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

It will certainly be released this year. I cannot give a more specific ETA other than that . The program will function EXACTLY like RLM does but with the ability to control all content in the software without having to export or know code. You still need a basic understand one CSS so that you understand all the options available to you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,086 posts

Hi Bill,

I STRONGLY recommend that you download and give the trial version of RLM a go. It will be absolutely essential that you know how to use this program if you want to have success with RSD when it is released.
Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2308430 Photo

2 posts

Hi Scott,
Referring back to your earlier quote above 'It will certainly be released this year', as we move through January 2015 it would seem the program may be a little behind.
Any update for those of who are waiting with bated breath as to when [ RSD ] may be released.
No pressure we all I am sure have enough patience to wait for the real deal and realise the benefits.
Thanks,
Ken
User 2300879 Photo

9 posts

Hi cade changesAll

Like many others we seem to have waited a long time for RSD, lots of talk of last autumn/fall and then Red appears. great buts its RSD we are waiting for.

In desperation I now have to start a large site (about 150 pages) and RLM has been used for the structure, but now I need a good web editor for the Mac. I have Dreamweaver but it doesn't render the pages anything like they really look so editing is a nightmare.

I also use templates in DW to cascade changes. Does anyone have a good suggestion for a program to use, free or paid for, even a good content management system.

Thanks (and hurry up with RSD Guys)
Perfect-Sailing.com The perfect location for a sailing vacation
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Kevin,
I am on a Mac and using Dreamweaver as well and I have no problems with the site not rendering correctly when created with RLMP. I would suggest you take a hard look at what isn't rendering correctly and post that here as maybe there is something not setup correctly in your project. It's definitely not the editor, that seems to be working fine for me over a handful of projects I've used it for.
User 2300879 Photo

9 posts

Thanks for that Jo.

Which version of DW are you using, and which framework do you choose in RLM. The projects render perfectly in the various browsers.

Kevin
Perfect-Sailing.com The perfect location for a sailing vacation
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I use the most recent version of DW CC 2014. I do know that many times versions of DW can be an issue so if you're using an older version that might be the culprit. I would imagine it would depend on the things built into it and some of the older versions 2+ years ago didn't have a lot of the responsive stuff built into it yet. Now I don't know if that would be an issue or not, but I know that image stuff changed a lot with DW when it went from MX to whatever the next version was and they rendered as black spaces in the page instead of showing the images. That could be partly what's going on now, but of course that would only be if you're using an older version.
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
It will certainly be released this year. I cannot give a more specific ETA other than that . The program will function EXACTLY like RLM does but with the ability to control all content in the software without having to export or know code. You still need a basic understand one CSS so that you understand all the options available to you.

Being this was posted in August of last year, and I just paid for a redesign that includes it, but it's still not out, I'm feeling REALLY nervous right now.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.