Post your website here! - Page 23 -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

lmao nooooooooo more airports! the last trip last week scratched up my brand new notebook computer in the stupid scanner, should be interesting to see what they plan to do with the report I sent in on it.

Leaving in the morning, but driving this time to texas from alabama. Texas Renaissance Fair here I come! :)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Good luck. Stupid airport or TSA people stole or forgot to put my Son's $200 paintball tank back in his gearbag when he flew to Chicago for a national tournament and was told they don't pay for lost items like that. So they can rummage through your stuff, not put it back, and not be liable.

I remember when you were actually treated like a paying customer when you flew. :rolleyes:
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

oh man that totally sucks, I think I'd have to be biting some major heads off if they did that lol. I don't expect any compensation for it other than the satisfaction of reporting it so that I can "hope" they will say something to their workers. Either way, the guy that did it was standing right by us when I reported it to the Supervisor and he was pointed out directly and saw it, and he was in hearing distance so I'm very sure he knows what he did wrong. I don't really think he did it on purpose and I really am not sure he even saw it for that matter, just wanted to make sure they knew about it.

Ok.... Other than that, I guess I can share a couple sites I am just finishing up with for the most part. Tweaking here and there if I ever get to stay home long enough lol, I feel like I've been living out of a suitcase for 2 months! lol.

These are my son's and brother's music sites. My son does DJ and Karaoke and runs sound and lights for bands and also has a recording studio so he asked me for a site. My brother is in a band, plays drums and is lead singer and asked me to redo theirs, so here they are respectively. Let me know what you think and if there's anything wrong let me know that too :)

http://proudayou.com (son's site)

http://www.rockinwithmainstreet.com (brother's site)
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Both nicely done. I really like the logo for your brother's site. Great use of color. :)
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Thanks, it's like the only thing graphically I have worked at to figure out LOL, text stuff that is. Still using a very old version (2) of Photo Shop Elements that so far none of the new ones have been as good with as that one (or maybe I just ain't figured it out hehe). I have a couple CD's with text effects and styles etc. that don't work with the newer ones either so I sit here with PSE 7 and don't even use it lol.

The background coloring I can't take credit for though, that was already created :) Thanks for the comments :)
User 2152555 Photo

5 posts

OK - this is my first time to ever build any type of webpage or website - I bought the software a week ago and started by using downloaded pages that I bought fromn the site - wasn't happy with the results, so I started trying to figure out how to build a site from scratch on Friday evening. Pretty much haven't slept since and this is the site I have built - would be real interested in feedback on what people think.

www.stevegrappe.com
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Steven Grappe wrote:
OK - this is my first time to ever build any type of webpage or website - I bought the software a week ago and started by using downloaded pages that I bought fromn the site - wasn't happy with the results, so I started trying to figure out how to build a site from scratch on Friday evening. Pretty much haven't slept since and this is the site I have built - would be real interested in feedback on what people think.

www.stevegrappe.com

This is what V S D is all about, New to website design, and a 1st attempt that looks like a website

Ironically looks much like my first attempt at the photography site i made for my friends daughter

Minor issues may be worth baring in mind

1 your page lengths need reducing as they go way beyond your text and images

2 some of the images could do with reducing in quality as it affects the speed the page loads, mainly i think your smaller images which you possibly reduced in the program itself rather than reducing the size and quality before adding to the page.

3 not everyone uses wide screen yet, so i need to scroll sideways to see the whole page, narrower with the background image extending beyond may look a little better (some may disagree though)

4 your contact form could do with more available characters for clients email addresses (many now are over 30 characters some excessive up to 40+)

Overall its a lot better than what i first came up with 6 months ago, you will hopefully get more technical help from experienced users in here as time goes by.
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Looks pretty nice Billy, a little repetitive on the main theme of the text, but it works. One thing I found is your Contact Us link is not complete, the "us" part isn't part of the link on the menu. Another thing is that you have no Home link on your menu. Instead it goes to the Music Lessons which is a bit confusing, and more so for anyone that might visit that might think they can't get back to the home page. Might want to either create another page for your home page or name the current one Home so people know what's what. I would suggest a new page to call Home so the current one can be used for the Music Lessons. Just my thoughts on it. Looks good though, nice job :)
User 1861272 Photo

339 posts

Steven Grappe wrote:

www.stevegrappe.com

Nice job Steven. As mentioned by Jewelcraft, some of your pages are way too long with lots of blank space on the bottom. The pictures should be compressed before placing them on the site to minimize loading time. I really like your background choice, and the string of pictures on the bottom is nice. Keep going!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.