Download website in VSD? - Post ID 43138

User 440454 Photo

2 posts

I got my website running on a laptop with XP, but now I want to be able to work on it on the desktop running Vista. I wanted to just download it from the web but couldn't find a way to do that. I managed to put it on a disk for the transfer, but now it won't save anymore. Is this the Vista/XP thing or am I doing something else wrong?
User 313811 Photo

107 posts

dannylyons2@cox.net wrote:
I got my website running on a laptop with XP, but now I want to be able to work on it on the desktop running Vista. I wanted to just download it from the web but couldn't find a way to do that. I managed to put it on a disk for the transfer, but now it won't save anymore. Is this the Vista/XP thing or am I doing something else wrong?

You could try to use CC Direct FTP and download it that way. As far as saving it on to a disk, it depends on the amount of images/data. If your webfiles are large in quantity too it may have taken up too much space on the disk. Do you not have the ability with your host service provider to save it locally? Who do you use?
Thanita
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Danny,

You can use FTP to move the files from your web site to your computer, but you will not be able to use VSD to edit those files.

VSD saves a VNU file that is edited by the program. Currently there is no import html function.

If you have the VNU file from your XP machine, you can use a disk, or flash drive to transfer that file to your Vista machine.

You might want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. Spammers have been known to visit public forums (such as this one) and collect email addresses.
User 440454 Photo

2 posts

Thanks, Bill.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.