Grid automatic layout, can a column...

User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

I was hoping to make a simple grid system to deal with Foundations larger built in breakpoints.
I would like for the grid to act as though it a flex based layout, column direction, with wrap, and a flex basis size. So that the elements wrap across, and if not enough room, they stack. So far with Grid, I can get them across the screen, but they permanently stay there, and I get a scroll window.
User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

In general, I am not just "getting" the automatic grid creation stuff. That would be a good video topic for CC to do.
User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

*edit* my first post was to say row direction.

GOT IT! For this anyway.
Using the grid editor with just 2 rows and one column, and for this test, I set the width of the column to "auto-fill 250px auto" and now my 250px max wide elements line across the track (correct term?) whenever there is space (counting the vert scroll bar, so 2 across at 514px).
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I've looked at various CSS Grid Layout tutorials etc., but found the one mentioned by Twinstream here the most helpful regarding the basics. Some others seem to me to assume that one already knows the basics.

Frank
User 2706435 Photo

Ambassador
444 posts

I can be confusing. That why I am hoping for CC to produce some "mini-tutorials."
But this grid stuff - is AWESOME.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.