Website Color Schemer Feature...

User 331746 Photo

24 posts

What is the difference in the "paid" version of Website Color Schemer and the "limited" version that is included in HTML Editor? I'm not quibbling over the cost of the product, just curious as to what the limitations are in the HTML Editor bundled version.

Regards,
Joe
HLADE’S LAW:
If you have a difficult task give it to a lazy man — he will find an easier way to do it.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

The paid version is a stand alone program that you can sit in your taskbar and use as needed and keep it open when you're working on the site. The HTML Editor bundled one (unless they've changed it since I've last used it so please someone correct me if I'm wrong here), only works within the HTML Editor program and does not detach at all so you cannot keep it open when you do other things.

The paid version is a very handy little tool when you're doing things even outside the HTML Editor. Sometimes people do Wordpress or Joomla or Drupal sites and use it to help get color schemes without having to have the HTML Editor open. Just a nice tool to have.

Hope that helps. :)
User 331746 Photo

24 posts

Jo,
Thanks for the explanation. If I understand you correctly, the bundled version of Website Color Schemer is not actually limited; it is tied to the HTML Editor and can't be run as a stand-alone program. The paid version of Website Color Schemer is essentially the same program with the difference being it is run as its own program.

Regards,
Joe
HLADE’S LAW:
If you have a difficult task give it to a lazy man — he will find an easier way to do it.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Yes that's pretty much it in a nut shell.

Last time I used the built in one in the HTML Editor (quite some versions ago so this may have changed since then), it did not allow it to be minimized at all so you had to use it and then it would close. That's the main reason I use the stand alone version, so it can remain open at all times on my task bar as needed rather than one use at a time.

The other thing I'm not sure of is if the built in version has all the features of the color schemes so you can save them. I believe it does, but I'm not sure.

I would highly suggest taking both of them for a spin (if you aren't using the HTML Editor already that is) and see first hand what if any differences there are so you know. This gives you a much better way of being sure you are getting exactly what you want, no guess work needed. :)
User 331746 Photo

24 posts

Jo,
Thanks for the recommendation. Will take the Website Color Schemer for a spin and compare it to the one in the HTML Editor (which I already own and use). I'll probably go ahead and buy it anyway since the price is more than fair.

Thanks again,
Joe
HLADE’S LAW:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.