Suggestions for CoffeeCup Website...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup Website Color Schemer . So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 165051 Photo

3 posts

I got a great suggestion on your future versions of (Coffeecup Website Color Schemer), it will be great to have in my opinion, my suggestion is to easily make color palettes by having a random color button, that when you select it you will randomly get a color that you can use in your palette.
User 240825 Photo

Ambassador
2 posts

Make the HTML used for page preview customizable
User 1965015 Photo

81 posts

Color schemer is a great little program. To me, the one thing that would greatly ease and speed up web site development would be some kind of facility to import color schemes created in color schemer directly into the "custom color" pallet of other CC tools such as VSD, Photo Gallery, Form Builder, etc.

This would save one from having to reenter the RGB values of every custom color for your site into every program one is using to build the site.

Thoughts anyone? Thanks.
Jim

"You can see a lot, just by looking."

Main Site:
http://www.availablelightphotogallery.com

Store:
http://www.availablelightphotogallery.com/store/
User 430399 Photo

35 posts

yeah great deal for those without Color Schemer which cost only $9 for both the program and comes with a color web handbook.

For those who already own Color Schemer, suck thumb and pay the same price if you really need just the color web handbook.

This is coffeecup latest marketing strategy.
User 256592 Photo

Ambassador
16 posts

A quick thought about Color Schemer ... I use it all the time to build sites. It would really be handy to have the file name or the Scheme name displayed somewhere on the screen. It would make it a lot easier to identify which color scheme goes with which site ....
User 1941372 Photo

92 posts

I just purchased both the Color Schemer and the Web Color Handbook. The handbook lists the "Analogous Complementary" color combination, but I don't see it as a selection in the Color Schemer. Boo-hoo, that's the color combination I wanted to play with.

But, otherwise a WONDERFUL tool!!

Thanks.
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Prehistoric Profile wrote:
I just purchased both the Color Schemer and the Web Color Handbook. The handbook lists the "Analogous Complementary" color combination, but I don't see it as a selection in the Color Schemer. Boo-hoo, that's the color combination I wanted to play with.

Thanks.

You cannot miss it. It is right on the right hand size in the drop down list. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1941372 Photo

92 posts

I have a dual screen setup and I just discovered that the "Capture Color From Screen" tool can't capture a color from my Primary screen if the Color Schemer is on the Secondary screen. The workaround is to move the Color Schemer window to the Primary screen--then it can capture colors from either screen.

Don't know if that is something that can be fixed, but thought I'd mention it.
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!
User 1941372 Photo

92 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Prehistoric Profile wrote:

Thanks.

You cannot miss it. It is right on the right hand size in the drop down list. ;)

I see
* Analogous Colors
* Complimentary Colors
* Triadic Colors
* Split-Complementary Colors
* Triadic Colors

but no Analogous Complementary.

BUT, as I use the thing, it's become apparent that that is a very minor detail as I can use Split-Complementary Colors and just click "Add Colors to Scheme" and then click-and-drag the final color to the Scheme Colors box.

BUT, an annoying result of the Click-and-Drag is that it also selects that color as the keystone color on the color wheel. It would be better if it sensed the Drag action and canceled the "Selection" action.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.