Suggestions for CoffeeCup Website...

User 1941372 Photo

92 posts

I'm finding it very counter productive that whenever I click on a color box in the Scheme Colors area, it makes it the Base Color on the color wheel. This is REALLY a problem when I want to select one or more of those colors to delete them (to make room for the new colors I want to add from the wheel). You see, I want to delete the old colors so they don't get mixed up with the new colors, but if I can't select them without losing the color scheme on the wheel, then how am I supposed to do this?

I did come up with a workaround: click on the color I want to delete, delete it, and then ctrl+Z to undo the change on the color wheel, but how tedious is that?!?

What would be great would be a checkbox on the Options dialog to turn this off (i.e. make it so selecting the colors in the Scheme Colors area DOESN'T affect the color wheel). That way, I can select the color and then use the "Assign Color to Base Color" button to do this (something that I won't be doing all that much, because I've already Added it to the Scheme, so how often am I going to want it back on the wheel?)
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Prehistoric Profile wrote:
I have a dual screen setup and I just discovered that the "Capture Color From Screen" tool can't capture a color from my Primary screen if the Color Schemer is on the Secondary screen. The workaround is to move the Color Schemer window to the Primary screen--then it can capture colors from either screen.

Don't know if that is something that can be fixed, but thought I'd mention it.

I can replicate this issue also, I typically have it on my primary monitor, but I just got my second monitor a couple days ago so I'm still playing around with my layout yet. Anyways, this is definitely something worth looking into :)
User 1941372 Photo

92 posts

Just downloaded version 4.1 Build 127, and tried it. It still has that problem where if I have it open in my left monitor (I have a two monitor system) and try to pick up a color from the right monitor (using the Color Picker), it won't respond. It does, however, respond if I click on something on the left monitor.

If the Color Schemer is on my right monitor when I start the color picker, it CAN pick up a color from my left monitor -- so it is only when it's on my left monitor, when I start the color picker, that it can't pick up a color from the other monitor.

Win 7, GeForce 8600 GTS, monitors arranged as: 2 on the left and 1 on the right with 1 as primary display. And, Display 2 refers to the monitor that is physically to the left of Display 1 (which is physically on the right). And "left" is defined as "to the left of the person sitting in front of the workstation".

So, the Color Picker isn't working when the Color Schemer is on display 2 and I try to pick a color from display 1, the primary display.
When we look at the things around us, we only see them as they were in the past. We really have no perception of reality, at all!
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

As this sounds more like a bug you might want to post a support topic to get faster action on it. Just a thought ...:cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2579994 Photo

20 posts

I am missing the "hsl" feature in website color schemer.
I would like to see this feature! :D
User 235128 Photo

33 posts

kenyen wrote:
I am missing the "hsl" feature in website color schemer.
I would like to see this feature! :D

+1 Me too :D
User 235128 Photo

33 posts

No problems here picking colors on either of my monitors, regardless of the position of the GUI.

I'm running 4.1 Build 127 on a Vista 64 bit system. My setup is primary [1] on the left and secondary [2] on the right, as seen from a person sitting in front of the workstation. Configured as one wide desktop across both monitors.

My only dual-monitor issues are more of an annoyance than a bug. No matter which monitor I move the GUI to, after I pick a color the GUI always moves itself back to the primary. Also, regardless of which monitor the GUI is on when I click the color picker, the "Zoom-Color-Sample" dialog always displays on the secondary display in the lower right hand corner.

Prehistoric Profile wrote:
Just downloaded version 4.1 Build 127, and tried it. It still has that problem where if I have it open in my left monitor (I have a two monitor system) and try to pick up a color from the right monitor (using the Color Picker), it won't respond. It does, however, respond if I click on something on the left monitor.

If the Color Schemer is on my right monitor when I start the color picker, it CAN pick up a color from my left monitor -- so it is only when it's on my left monitor, when I start the color picker, that it can't pick up a color from the other monitor.

Win 7, GeForce 8600 GTS, monitors arranged as: 2 on the left and 1 on the right with 1 as primary display. And, Display 2 refers to the monitor that is physically to the left of Display 1 (which is physically on the right). And "left" is defined as "to the left of the person sitting in front of the workstation".

So, the Color Picker isn't working when the Color Schemer is on display 2 and I try to pick a color from display 1, the primary display.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

any plans on putting this program into Mac format at all? I know it's been "free"ized, but would still love to see this on Mac. I can't see a reason to load up a side loader like Parallels for one small little program, but it's such a useful one I really miss it. Hope this is a possibility :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.