CoffeeCup Website Color Schemer 3.0...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

CoffeeCup Website Color Schemer 3.0 has just been released.

What is Color Schemer?

Color Schemer is an intuitive, yet simple utility for picking colors and creating schemes for your Website. Color Schemer provides many different tools for choosing and comparing colors, and allows you to preview them in a Web page mock-up, all before implementing them in a real Web page. Is there a color on another Website that you like? Or a color on your computer that you might want to use? Just use the eye-dropper feature or grab from photo feature and you can get any color you want from anywhere! Yes, it is that easy! Color Schemer is perfect for anyone designing Websites; from novice Web designers up to full-fledged professional Webmasters.

For more information visit http://www.coffeecup.com/color-schemer/

Website Color Schemer is also included free in the latest version CoffeeCup HTML Editor and StyleSheet Maker.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2733 Photo

Ambassador
426 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

What is Color Schemer?

Color Schemer is an intuitive, yet simple utility for picking colors and creating schemes for your Website. Color Schemer provides many different tools for choosing and comparing colors, and allows you to preview them in a Web page mock-up, all before implementing them in a real Web page. Is there a color on another Website that you like? Or a color on your computer that you might want to use? Just use the eye-dropper feature or grab from photo feature and you can get any color you want from anywhere! Yes, it is that easy! Color Schemer is perfect for anyone designing Websites; from novice Web designers up to full-fledged professional Webmasters.

Website Color Schemer is also included free in the latest version CoffeeCup HTML Editor and StyleSheet Maker.

Scott,

I found a bug in the latest release I just downloaded.

1. Open Schemer and from Tools/Options deselect Automatically re-open last opened photo in photo colors dialog. Click OK
2. Close Schemer
3. Start Schemer
4. Now open Tools/Select Colors from Photo
5. Click Randomize

"List out of bounds" (0)

Please advise.
Let's not get all hurt.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Dave Sellers wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

What is Color Schemer?

Scott,

I found a bug in the latest release I just downloaded.

1. Open Schemer and from Tools/Options deselect Automatically re-open last opened photo in photo colors dialog. Click OK
2. Close Schemer
3. Start Schemer
5. Click Randomize

"List out of bounds" (0)

Please advise.

Thanks! I will look into it.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1393 Photo

16 posts

I also found something odd -

I'll give some 'history' since its possible its related.

Installed this latest version.
After install, noticed that I'd tried to set too many custom program-list paths so I decided to uninstall the HTML editor and delete all my various shortcuts to coffeecup.
Installed the latest version.
Found and opened the schemer.
If I have the Color Wheel tab active, there is a portion of the whitespace around the wheel, that when I move the mouse over it, gives:
Access violation at address 00B6A555 in module 'Coffee.exe'. Read at (multiple addresses of course).
On the Color Picker tab I'm fine, no problems.
The area that seems to cause the error is always on the bottom of the wheel, the very bottom color and the one just to its' left. Probably due to the ability to click to make the color become the 'main' one of the scheme?

Computer stats:
AMD 2500xp, 1g ram, 2hdd (the one the program is installed on is only 35g, w/500mb freespace), radeon 9800pro. Probably not useful info, but ya never know ;) Its always run stable for me, no oc'ing here!

Other than that - I love it :) I can still use the program fine, and I really like the color-stepping and design preview window. Though I think the preview window could be a tab like the color picker and color wheel myself, since you use the selected color palette on the left to click into.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Emily DeJoode wrote:

After install, noticed that I'd tried to set too many custom program-list paths so I decided to uninstall the HTML editor and delete all my various shortcuts to coffeecup.
If I have the Color Wheel tab active, there is a portion of the whitespace around the wheel, that when I move the mouse over it, gives:
Access violation at address 00B6A555 in module 'Coffee.exe'. Read at (multiple addresses of course).
The area that seems to cause the error is always on the bottom of the wheel, the very bottom color and the one just to its' left. Probably due to the ability to click to make the color become the 'main' one of the scheme?

Computer stats:
AMD 2500xp, 1g ram, 2hdd (the one the program is installed on is only 35g, w/500mb freespace), radeon 9800pro. Probably not useful info, but ya never know ;) Its always run stable for me, no oc'ing here!

Other than that - I love it :) I can still use the program fine, and I really like the color-stepping and design preview window. Though I think the preview window could be a tab like the color picker and color wheel myself, since you use the selected color palette on the left to click into.

Can anyone else see if they can replicate this? I have tried but I can't find this issue.

Don't worry Emily, we will figure it out ;)
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Send me a registered version & I'll test it out thoroughly. ;) Will work for apps.
User 1393 Photo

16 posts

Just a little update-
I decided to try a uninstall/reinstall from yesterday's copy of the program (redownloaded from here), and the access violation error still comes up for me. If there's any sort of log file or system variable you want to check, feel free to email - if you haven't reproduced it yet.

Other than that, I've used it for two sites that I was still in the 'proto' design phase of - I couldn't move forward on them because I couldn't decide on the look/colors for them. Now I have :)
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Emily DeJoode wrote:

Computer stats:

Can anyone else see if they can replicate this? I have tried but I can't find this issue.

Don't worry Emily, we will figure it out ;)

Hi Scott,
I tried to replicate Emily's problem, but with me the behaviour was slightly different:

2. Close Schemer
3. Start Schemer
5. Click Randomize

"List out of bounds" (0)

what happened with me at point "4" is that the photo window froze and could not be dragged out of the way, but I was still able to click on "browse" and access a corner of that window to open up a photo.
Janys
I wanted to post a screen shot, but I have the schemer opened up behind this and it won't allow me to shut down the program to do anything at all now!!!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I was able to replicate this issue and we have it fixed. I should have the update online tomorrow. Thanks for the specifics.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.