Bootstrap Builder triggers AVG...

User 6966 Photo

4 posts

I have purchased BB, RSD and RFF from CoffeeCup. While installing each of these packages, my AVG anti-malware program flags both the uninstallers and the main software package as suspicious. I do NOT get these warnings on any other software on my machine.

What is it about your installation packages, and the software itself that AVG might view as suspicious? Is a review of your package construction or package components needed to alleviate this? Can anyone at CoffeeCup provide any insight into what parts of your software and installation might be triggering the AVG warnings?

I don't know of any reason why I personally should be wary of CoffeeCup and its products, but there are increasing numbers of stories in the news about software included with or installed by programs, from companies with the best intentions. However some of the included/installed components may have serious security flaws unknown to their developers, that create a potential threat vector for malware or intrusion.

I just want to ensure that CoffeeCup does NOT get tripped up by something it could avoid.

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

I have just installed the same software (yesterday's update) on my computer without any problems. I use Defender instead of AVG.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2273654 Photo

754 posts

I have been using the CC software pretty much exclusively for the past 7 years or so, about all of their products. I have never had a security related problem. I think I may have had a loading problem once or twice in the past, it probably had to do with my own security settings. Myself I think I have had more problems with other software than CC stuff if I want to address honestly security related software problems. I find the staff here to be highly capable and place much confidence in their products knowledge and service. They provide my domain registration and server for my site and I am completely happy with those services also.
My CC S-drive site https://workhorsepainting.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

First and for most, I can confirm with absolutely certainty that we never distribute anything that would have viruses. ;)

Sounds like you are getting a false positive from virus program. I recommend you contact their support and submit a report to them and they will add that to their whitelist database. I have done that already here so the more people that do it, the faster they will include it.

On a side note, this is why I still refuse to install those apps. They cause more damage than they are supposed to prevent. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

I tested the latest Bootstrap Builder installation file at VirusTotal, and none of the dozens of antivirus programs it uses, including AVG, found even a false positive, let alone a real positive. Here is a copy of their report. It might be worthwhile for DrTechnical to see what VirusTotal reports regarding the files that AVG objected to on his computer.

Frank
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We use the same service as well and keep a scan report for all our apps here at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … e-is-safe/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Further to the above, I checked the uninstaller file created by the above Bootstrap Builder installation file, and the report is here. There are still no detections found, either false or genuine.

Scott's answer appeared while I was typing this, but having obtained the report, I thought it might be of comfort to DrTechnical.

Frank

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.