What were you able to make using...

User 528054 Photo

209 posts

This the first site I have ever done, still lots to learn but its working very well.

Thankyou
Peter
www.manxmaniac.co.uk
User 562592 Photo

2,038 posts

Peter G wrote:
This the first site I have ever done, still lots to learn but its working very well.

Thankyou
Peter
www.manxmaniac.co.uk

Getting your first site done is very exciting. Congrats. Looks Nice. What picture viewer are you using?
The philosopher has not done philosophy until he has acted upon the mere conviction of his idea; for proof of the theory is in the act, not the idea.

My Web Development Company: http://www.innovatewebdevelopment.com (Created with Coffee Cup Software).

My Personal Website: http://www.EricSEnglish.com

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Interesting site Peter, lots of things on it, reminds me of when I used to make my home page actually "be" my homepage and put all my links on it that I didn't want to mess around with browser bookmarks with hehe. Loved that site, but gave up on it a little while ago and opted for delicious instead which so far has worked out nice.

Love the coloring too btw, and I think your Mail link is blank also. Providing you really want that on there that is. Putting your email address on your site(s) is pretty risky these days as it opens them up to all the scammers and spammers that have bots out there crawling sites for email addresses. Just a thought, maybe add a form to reach you with instead? Or another way around that is to put the address into an image without any tags saying it's an email address and add a form also for those that would rather do things that way. Lots of ways around the email address issue though.

Enjoy it, website building is definitely a fun thing :)
User 92156 Photo

272 posts

I'm definitely an amateur and not a very bright one, otherwise I wouldn't hand-type my pages like I do.
I use the 1997 version of CoffeeCup (there is no WYSIWYG) so my site is about as simple as they get, and I validate it with HTML validator.

I'm currently revamping the design. http://www.drivingnt.com
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Zipper wrote:
I'm definitely an amateur and not a very bright one, otherwise I wouldn't hand-type my pages like I do.
I use the 1997 version of CoffeeCup (there is no WYSIWYG) so my site is about as simple as they get, and I validate it with HTML validator.

You've done a great job Zipper.

My one suggestion is the top navigation was very difficult for me to read. Maybe bold it to make it stand out more or increase the font size slightly but apart from that well laid out and lots of great information. :)
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Zipper wrote:

Wondering why you sit with such an old version?
User 92156 Photo

272 posts

Thanks tassietiger, the top nav was quite OK until one day while messing with the front page, the font shrunk and I never worked out why because the CSS settings were unchanged at that point.
The revamped version is much easier to read but it will be a little while before I get it all up & running.

Hiya Jo Ann, I tried CoffeeCups '97 editor when it first came out and it suited me perfectly, later I bought the first WYSIWYG version but I had trouble hand-editing the code it produced.
I had the same problem when I took a course in computer programming, when fellow students asked me to help them debug their code, I had a lot of trouble reading their stuff.

(Perhaps it's just me. I'm 60 years of age you know, we graybeards are notorious for being obstinate and set in our ways. I have sympathy for toddlers going through their "terrible two's" stage).

Do you think I should try CC's latest HTML editors?
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Absolutely! You're missing out on getting your FREE updates, as well as not having some features that have been added over the years. Plus there have been issues that have been fixed as well (no I can't be specific).

Keep a back up of your current copy (Just In Case). But I would think you'll be happy.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2000538 Photo

1,392 posts

Zipper wrote:

Do you think I should try CC's latest HTML editors?

Definitely Zipper, although it has the HTML editor and the WSIWYG part you need to choose one or the other and not switch between the two otherwise it messes your code up.

I just stick with the HTML editor as I like the flexibility and being able to see what the code is and you can easily preview it as you go to see what your changes do.

I love it. I used to think Crimson Editor was the Bees Knees but now I love the Coffee Cup HTML Editor as I can code and preview so easily, plus it has the option to see it in various browsers, so its a great little package all rolled into one and it makes it so easy to make sites quickly.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said...but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not exactly what I meant.

User 92156 Photo

272 posts

OK you guys have convinced me, thanks

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.