What is Re-Syncing on VSD? - Post ID...

User 470331 Photo

23 posts

Simple question. There is an option to upload and an option to re-sync the website. What does it do? Is there a way to send just the changes made, as opposed to sending the whole website through again? Thanks for the help in advance.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

The uploading process has changed in recent updates. It used to ask if you want to send all files or just the html files (neither being changes only). Now, it's smart enough to check on what has changed and only send the changes. I do believe it still re-uploads all html files, though, and sends anything else that has changed. In most cases, the html files are very small (few KB) and the long wait is due to the photos/videos/etc. So far, it's been working well for me. I think the first time uploading may do a full upload, but all future ones should be changes only.
User 470331 Photo

23 posts

Ok, so Upload automatically just sends changes. What does re-syncing do?
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Open VSD. On the toolbar, click on help and select help. In help, click on search tab. Type in Sync and hit the List Files button. Three files returned. Read them.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

There's no fun in that Tom. I prefer to just click the button and then ask, "What did I just do?!" :P
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Ryan, I just clicked Re-sync and it seems it does a full upload, most likely to ensure that everything is up-to-date (in sync).
User 470331 Photo

23 posts

Thanks for the responses guys...but bare with me. I somewhat understand the two options now. However, I just did an "Upload", and it said the website was published successfully, but a couple of pages on my site are out of order and images are stretched. Why would it do this? Suggestions??
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Ryan that is strange and the first I've heard of it, could so tell us what pages and possibly a link so we could see which and what happened. Did you use the Re-sync under settings or just click on the upload tab? thanks

User 470331 Photo

23 posts

I used the Upload feature. Here is a link of what I am talking about. Look at the sidebar, see how it appears distorted and stretched?

http://shilohchristianfootball.com/SportsClub.html

Also, images that I drop and then re-size while on the website, seem to appear rough on the edges.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Ryan please try 1 more time using the re-sync under settings and let it upload to see if that takes care of it. Re-sync does a better job of thoughly checking the pages then just doing a regular upload. Please let us know.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.