web page - Post ID 23400

User 145131 Photo

179 posts

ok... i have the trial version of web page up and would like to have some feedback-- the JOURNAL page is NOT up- so u will get not found on server message--- maybe i can get that done tonite--

i still have buttons to make but i at least want to see if all the code is working right-- will do buttons asap

here is the link
http://www.creativedistortion.com/impulse.html

let me know if links dont work-- or if pages look weird-- or whatever else u want to tell me-- just be KIND PLEASE!!!! :)
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Ooooo - nice - coming along nicely indeed - did that menu move from the top to the side while i was lookin? I like the side better i think...

And a couple of suggestions...
-The link at the top of the digital page takes you to a login screen? if this is correct perhaps you need to explain how to login too...
-At the bottom of your digital page there is a coffeecup logo - how about that on the links page also?
-The space to the left of the home page looks great on my 17" widescreen at high res but i suspect it'd be a bit funny on a smaller screen... maybe you're workin on that page now...
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 145131 Photo

179 posts

hi fe pixie-- THANKS a bunch for feedback--
no the digital page link should not take u to login screen-- i had the wrong url but changed it now-- so it is correct--

i will put cc logo on other pages-- just havent gotten to that yet--
i am not sure about the menu u are talking about - is it on digital page?

will check ou the space on homepage-- it looks ok on my machine too--

still have alot of work to do --- buttons, details, etc-- but didnt want to continue if things were screwed up ---
really appreciate ur feedback-- -- thanks so much---gotta get busy now

Fe Pixie wrote:
Ooooo - nice - coming along nicely indeed - did that menu move from the top to the side while i was lookin? I like the side better i think...

And a couple of suggestions...
-The link at the top of the digital page takes you to a login screen? if this is correct perhaps you need to explain how to login too...
-At the bottom of your digital page there is a coffeecup logo - how about that on the links page also?
-The space to the left of the home page looks great on my 17" widescreen at high res but i suspect it'd be a bit funny on a smaller screen... maybe you're workin on that page now...
User 62855 Photo

Ambassador
20 posts

Hi is there direct VOIP access to the programmers?
Robin
...far away "down under", but not out of sight
User 145131 Photo

179 posts

Robin Eliovson wrote:
Hi is there direct VOIP access to the programmers?
Robin

Robin-- not sure what u mean here... am not familiar with VOIP-- i know its voice phone stuff but ?????
as far as programmers go--- ? r u talking about who did code for page or ?

pardon my confusion here
sharron
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Sharron my friend. Glad to take a look!

The main page that your URL send me to is justified to the left. Not sure if this was your intention? I think it would look far better being centred (or if you are American, centered).

All the buttons and links work just fine apart from your Journal link. I am just getting a 'The page cannot be found'. However, you may not have set this up just yet. Just thought I should point it out.

Got to say I love the total disrigared for colour convention on your site. People usually use Blues, soft pastel type colours, or loads of white. So nice to see what I would call 'Adventurous Colours'.

On your Links Page, all the links work just fine. However, where as every link opens a new windows, FlaskKit link does not. It takes you away from your site.

I only have one negative comment (not that it is negative) and that is people like to know that whn something on a web site does something. For example, when your mouse goes over a link, your mouse curser changes to a hand (or something), there is also (though not always) a mouse over effect. Change of colour, picture etc. Now all your links on the site highlight a colour over the link, and that looks good. People now know that if they press their mouse, something will happen. However, on the main page, your button remain stationary. Have you thought of perhaps a mouseover effect here?

I thought your site was great, loved the colours and the splash screen. Everything loaded dead fast. Well done Sharron. Be sure to let me know when you have added to or made other changes and I will gladly take another look.

Mark

P.S. Sorry if I was a bit slow in getting back to you, its just that that nasty Janys of this Forum has passed on her cold to me. Now being a man, I don't get colds, I get 'Man Flu'.
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

This page:
http://www.creativedistortion.com/impulse1.html
is the one i'm talking about...

I think the first time i hit it it was all nice and straight and had the 6 button menu at the top - now i get 4 buttons to the left and the big black space to the left of the page.

Sharron Hoilman wrote:
...about the menu u are talking about - is it on digital page?...
...will check ou the space on homepage-- it looks ok on my machine too--

still have alot of work to do --- buttons, details, etc-- but didnt want to continue if things were screwed up ---
really appreciate ur feedback-- -- thanks so much---gotta get busy now

Fe Pixie wrote:
...-The space to the left of the home page looks great on my 17" widescreen at high res but i suspect it'd be a bit funny on a smaller screen... maybe you're workin on that page now...

Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Sharron - Take a look at http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/viewtop … 025#p11025

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.