Web page changes when changing screen...

User 160369 Photo

8 posts

Hi all,

My website at "http://www.crazymooseranch.com/" looks fine at a screen resolution of 800x600, but at 1024x768 the picture on the right overlaps the text in the center. I witnessed this on several computers and on both IE and firefox. Any ideas out there??

TIA, Carl
User 95186 Photo

Ambassador
163 posts

Hi Carl,

You have used absolute positioning on your pictures. If you want to use this method, then it might be better to use relative positioning. An easier option (until you get to grips with positioning which is the way forward) is to use a table(s).

Regards,

Simon
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Carl Benson wrote:
Hi all,

My website at "http://www.crazymooseranch.com/" looks fine at a screen resolution of 800x600, but at 1024x768 the picture on the right overlaps the text in the center. I witnessed this on several computers and on both IE and firefox. Any ideas out there??

TIA, Carl

Hi Carl,
Hope you don't mind, but I have made up a page using your content, but adding in tables. You can see the results here:

www.janwyse.com/leebenson.html

Obviously the images don't show up since they are on your server, but the spaces for them do. I have left in the table borders so that you can see how it all works when you look at the source code. If you do use the code, to remove the tables all you have to do is find the <table></table> tags and change the border="1" to border="0"
If this is the sort of thing you are after, go get the source from my page and then let me know when you are finished and I will take it off line.

Hope this helps,
Janys ;D
User 160369 Photo

8 posts

Hi Janys and Simon, Thanks for the speedy replies. Looks like
tables are the way to go given my limited expertise in html coding!!

Janys, I very much apprecyate you're taking the trouble to provide me with an example page, It looks like just the ticket!

Carl

P.S. Can tables be used without the borders?
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Carl Benson wrote:
Hi Janys and Simon, Thanks for the speedy replies. Looks like
tables are the way to go given my limited expertise in html coding!!

Janys, I very much apprecyate you're taking the trouble to provide me with an example page, It looks like just the ticket!

Carl

P.S. Can tables be used without the borders?

Hi Carl,
Absolutely yes........you can remove the tables in the way I indicated in the other post by changing the "borders" from "1" to "0"......
compare this example with the other page I posted, where this one has had the borders "removed"
www.janwyse.com/leebenson2.html
bye,
Janys :)
User 160369 Photo

8 posts

JANYS HYDE wrote:
.you can remove the tables in the way I indicated in the other post by changing the "borders" from "1" to "0"......
compare this example with the other page I posted, where this one has had the borders "removed"
bye,

Hi Janys,

You are TOO kind! (but I like it!!! ;^)). Sorry I missed the border advice on your first post.

Carl
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

Carl Benson wrote:
JANYS HYDE wrote:
.you can remove the tables in the way I indicated in the other post by changing the "borders" from "1" to "0"......
bye,

Hi Janys,

You are TOO kind! (but I like it!!! ;^)). Sorry I missed the border advice on your first post.

Carl

No problem
;D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.