two websites - Post ID 23076

User 150881 Photo

Trial User
7 posts

Help...I have the coffeecup website creator. I purchased two domaines from Blue Domino the first is www.pleasefeedme.org then built the site and uploaded it without any troubles..When I pushed send I completed the info needed in the box asking for server, site and so on..
Then I decided to build another site for my second domaine name www.animalrescueandfarmsanctuary.com so I got busy and constructed a nice site and was all excited to upload and I pushed send...I dod not get the box of info to fill out but did get the "send changes" or send all" box...What happens when I try to upload the new site is that it replaces my "please feed me" site and puts the rescue site in place of it...My new site goes to www.pleasefeedme How do I upload to my animalrescue...spot????
Help! I am fairly new at this but learning fast, just a glitch here and there!
Susan
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

I would go to http://www.bluedomino.com/support/supportForm.bml and ask them using their live chat section. That way you can ask your question live to an operator and get your reply there and then And they are open 24 hours a day.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 117361 Photo

Ambassador
6,076 posts

bulldoggie wrote:
Help...I have the coffeecup website creator. I purchased two domaines from Blue Domino the first is www.pleasefeedme.org then built the site and uploaded it without any troubles..When I pushed send I completed the info needed in the box asking for server, site and so on..
Then I decided to build another site for my second domaine name www.animalrescueandfarmsanctuary.com so I got busy and constructed a nice site and was all excited to upload and I pushed send...I dod not get the box of info to fill out but did get the "send changes" or send all" box...What happens when I try to upload the new site is that it replaces my "please feed me" site and puts the rescue site in place of it...My new site goes to www.pleasefeedme How do I upload to my animalrescue...spot????
Help! I am fairly new at this but learning fast, just a glitch here and there!
Susan

Are you absolutely certain you have 2 domains with hosting?
How many index files do you have and how many file names repeat themselves in the 2 different sites? Nothing at all must be repeated - they must all have unique names. So you can't have a home page home.html in both sites. And you can't have an index.html in both sites....... unless they are 2 absolutely distinct domains. It could be that you have used the same username and password for both domains and some confusion is being created there. Are they 2 distinct domains or are they just routed to the same domain hosting? Are they just 2 levels of one domain?
Janys
Janys
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

I still reckon that asking the host company direct would solve this problem very quickly.
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Along with what Lee said, did you create two server profiles under Server Configuration? Even though they are from the same provider, you'll need to create two accounts to upload to, so that one will not overwrite the other. The server info should be the same, but you may either have different username/passwords, or perhaps just a different Remote Directory to log into. I'm not quite sure how BlueDomino's login/path system works.
In Coffeecup HTML Editor 2006, click on:
File -> Upload File to Server -> Add or Edit Servers (make sure you have a profile for each web site).
User 184085 Photo

Ambassador
1,707 posts

I was looking into somthing similar and i think you need to purchase the domain redirect service from bluedomino in addition to your package
Volunteering to help :)
http://www.tbaygeek.ca
My HTML play area
http://www.tbaygeek.ca/test/
User 155008 Photo

62 posts

I use 1&1 as my hosting service and got my 2 domains through them as well. From my 1&1 control panel I can access either of my 2 domains...they are both listed there....each one has a unique identifier as the root directory on the server. So using your url isn't enough when you are uploading....you have to specify one of the unique identifiers. In coffeecup you have to create 2 server profiles...one for each of your domains even if you have the same username and password for both. The destination directory (where you will be uploading to) would be different for each domain. The server information and the username and password may or may not be the same depending on how you set it up, but the destination directory will be different. If you just use the same server profile everytime, you will keep overwriting whichever domain you have it set for. This has already been said in a previous answer to your post, but I'm just reinforcing it. Your other option is to keep using the same server profile, but change the remote directory everytime you upload to a different domain. Very much a hassle.
"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us. They can't get away this time."

Chesty Puller, Colonel, USMC

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.