SBS 2003 - Post ID 1891

User 495348 Photo

Trial User
1 post

I want to host a website on a machine running SBS 2003. I am aware of the grave danger of doing this...blah,blah,blah! I created a website but it has .vnu extension. I do not want to use ftp. I am stuck for several months. ANy help wil be appreciated.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Krag,

It sounds like you have used the Visual Site Designer to make your pages. Is it a recent version?

If you do not want to use FTP, how do you plan to transfer the files to your site? I think most folks use File Transfer Protocol.

If you used VSD, it has a built-in FTP.

If you prefer to transfer your files without using the built-in FTP, the files are saved on your hard drive when you save the .vnu file.

If your file is mysite.vnu, look for a folder named mysite_files (or something close) and in that folder, you should find all the files for the site.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Hey krag, I've had sites on SBS 2003. I'm not the paranoid type so I had no issues doing so. If the server is at home or work (local to you), you can find the folder Bill mentioned (should be wherever you save the .vnu) and copy/paste the files to the SBS server. That is, assuming you have folders shared and/or mapped through a network (or running the software directly on SBS).

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.