Problem with a SSL cetificate - Post...

User 55289 Photo

Ambassador
58 posts

Hi,

A part of my website is secured with a SSL certificate beacause of the personal information useers must give.
The site is build with VSD and the forms with WFB.
I copy the WFB html into the VSD pages.

When I open the pages sometimes the SSL lock icon appears and the disappears so my customers can't see that the page/form is SSL secured.

I wonder if I am doing something that is not possible or I'am doing something wrong.:(

Or could this be a problem caused by my host.

Below a link so you can see what happens actually.

https://www.arbeidscontracten.com/forms … eding.html

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We have actually fixed that issue in version 1.2 and we hope to have that ready for release in the next week or so.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 55289 Photo

Ambassador
58 posts

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the information, but what does it mean to me?
Do I have to repair forms, save them again in the updated version or what.

And does it also repair the warning in Google Chrome which now says that my pages are a danger to the user and they are advised not to fill out the forms.

Cheers
Henny
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

One bit of information might be helpful.

Is it your own personal ssl cirtificate

Or is it a shared one from your host

It might make a difference !!!!!!!!!!!!
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 55289 Photo

Ambassador
58 posts

Hi Viv?

It is a personal SSL certifcate bought by Starfieldtech USA
I do have this kind of certificate for about 5 or 6 years and about a year I think it isn't working fine anymore.
It looks like it also depends on the type browser I use. IE on my XP machine gives the least troubles.
IE on my Windows7 machine sometimes and Google chrome advises not to use my forms.:(

But I can't find a line in what's happening so I was glad with the answer by Scott.

The hosting service was the same al the time a Apache server in a Plesk environnement.

Cheers
Henny
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Henny van Leusden wrote:
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the information, but what does it mean to me?
Do I have to repair forms, save them again in the updated version or what.

And does it also repair the warning in Google Chrome which now says that my pages are a danger to the user and they are advised not to fill out the forms.

Cheers
Henny

All you will have to do is simply re-save your form in the update and then re-export your form back to your server and the issue will be fixed.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 55289 Photo

Ambassador
58 posts

Scott,

Thnkx

Henny

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.