PHP Support - Post ID 90896

User 472422 Photo

111 posts

Does VSD support PHP scripts?
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Are you wanting your site to be PHP or are you just asking if you can embed PHP scripts within a site using VSD?

If you want your whole site to be PHP you can either change the page extensions manually from html to .php, or try this little trick:

http://www.visitor-stats.com/articles/c … te-php.php

Now as far as PHP pages go you would need to have PHP installed on your local machine to preview the PHP content on your site.

If you are just asking if you can embed PHP scripts within a site created using VSD then the answer is yes. As long as the server that your web site is hosted on has PHP installed (and most do) then this won't be a problem for you. PHP is a very common scripting language that is very commonly embedded within HTML, Javascript, etc. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Chad Spillars
Chad Spillars
"Look I finally made myself a signature!"
User 495036 Photo

13 posts

Hi Chad,
I have read your statement.i also tried to add my PHP code in VSD html and i got error coming up like: cannot modify header information - headers already sent....,too many connections and things like that.
Would you please to get back to me how can i embed PHP code into my VSD properly?

Thank you Elena
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Please post your code, thanks!
Chad Spillars
User 495036 Photo

13 posts

Hi Chad,
Thank you for your prompt reply,
I've been working on my visitor registration pages which connects my MySQL DB.

So i have got 4 PHP files to be embed.
I have successfully set two of them and my registration form starts from here http://www.webmaklay.com/contacts/.

This will be my login area.So that code contains both HTML and PHP extensions.I have put my login frame here in HTML script there and it works good here http://www.webmaklay.com/contacts/.

Then after login session the script brings a client to the admin page where i put my PHP script on the top of my HTML context that's why my " Welcome to the members section" locates above my header page and it looks really cheap? and not professional (i do not know how to put it in the middle of my HTML page because of error).So the reason why i put this code on the top of my HTML page was because when i try to login a error comes up like this:" Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by...bla bla bla"
So i put my admin script (using FTP client)on the top of my HTML page and error has disappeared but it doesn't look good.

Any way once you logged in you can "sign out" again and script lead you out to the PHP page scrip I couldn't embed neither with VSD nor FTP client so this page with its script stays like it was in my PHP template here http://webmaklay.com/contacts/login.php.

I really want to embed this all PHP codes into my VSD as i want to modify those pages as i want them to be.

However once i put my login.PHP code into my VSD after when i upload my website and change them from HTML to PHP the error like "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by...bla bla bla" has been comming up again.

So please Chad if you have any ideas to share about how to use PHP scripts with VSD would be very appreciated.

I have also successful embed my PHP scripts using <IFRAME-</IFRAME method which is very good but it that case all windows open withing its frame and it is not really appropriate in my case.

Please Chad you can test my registration pages provided playing with those scripts if you need i'll delete your login info afterwards from my DB.

My login PHP script is in attachment.

P.S All scripts themselves work perfectly unless i put them into my HTML site.
Please Chad have a look if you can help.
Thank you Elena
Attachments:
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Elena,

I'll take a look at this as soon as I get some time, but it seems at this point that this thread would be more appropriate in the Design and Development forum. Plus you may get a few more responses from coders even more seasoned than me :-)

Could a moderator move this thread for us after Elena sees this message?
Chad Spillars
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Elana I'm sorry it took me so long to look at this, I just finished a project that had a deadline, so now I'm freed up to work on other things. Do you still need help?

I took a look at your site and I'm not sure that I 100% understand everything you are trying to tell me, and the error message "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by...bla bla bla", well, what was the rest of that message? Were you getting this message from VSD?
Chad Spillars
User 414501 Photo

564 posts

Could a moderator move this thread for us after Elena sees this message?

Is there any way to contact Elena? Her post was moved before she saw my request to move it she prolly has no idea where its at...
Chad Spillars
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

If she used "Show New Posts" she would see it regardless of where it is...
If she subscribed or added as favorites, I think it will re-direct.

Otherwise, I don't know of any way to contact her.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Chad, contact CC support, and ask them to contact Elena for you, with a link to this thread.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.