page anchors - Post ID 1574

User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

bill@interfacewelding.com wrote:
How would I creat a link within a page using a letter "A" as the target. I wnat to make an index A,B,C,etc. and when pointing on the letter in the index it will go to that area in the page with the target letter or word.

I copied this message from software tricks and tips, since this is a question for help instead of a tip on using a specific program.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Thanks for doing that Bill. I was about to remove the posts but saw you said you would a while later. I removed Jim's response as I copied/pasted it below.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Jim's response to the question above:
Jim wrote:
bill@interfacewelding.com wrote:
How would I creat a link within a page using a letter "A" as the target. I wnat to make an index A,B,C,etc. and when pointing on the letter in the index it will go to that area in the page with the target letter or word.

Is this what you mean?

<A HREF="#DU">Your link text</A - This is the link to the setion you want.

<A NAME="DU"></A> - Place this above the section you are linking to.

Change "#DU" and "DU" to what you want.

---------

This will put a 'Top of Page' link on.

<A NAME="Top of Page"></A> - place this where you want near the top of your page.

<A HREF="#Top of Page" NAME="TO">Top of Page</A - place this below each section of info to take your users back to the top.

There are other similar ways.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.