Need photo gallery assistance - Post...

User 434525 Photo

Trial User
14 posts

Hi Tom,
I know you are trying to help and I'm sorry I'm just not getting it.
I have started moving the images to the main public_html folder on my filemangr where the page for photogallery.html exists as well as those gallery - xml, smf are - but nothing is showing up yet. I don't know if I have to move every single photo before the actual gallery will work.

I'm stumped here.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

It's OK. Sometime I don't explain things in a way that everybody can understand. Well, OK. Nobody but me.

Your photogallery.html is now in the root directory (folder) of your website. Put these files in the same folder so they are all together.

gallery.xml
gallery.swf

The gallery folder is already in the right place so once you do as I say, your gallery will work.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Ok, I see another problem.

Rename your gallery folder to gallery_files. The XML file is looking for a folder named gallery_files and not gallery.

But keep the rest of the file and folder structure like this

/photogallery.html
/gallery.xml
/gallery.swf
/gallery_files/ <-folder with your images
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 434525 Photo

Trial User
14 posts

Finally.

It's working now- the problem was the folder name (_files) was missing - I thought that might be the problem - like a path was not set up right. So all the pics are back in their rightful place and the gallery works.

Thank GOD we can all go back to our lives :)

Thanks for your help.

Kristi

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.