Migrate existing website from...

User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

I have a website that I recently overhauled last year using CoffeeCup HTML Editor (Paid Version) in modifying a responsive website template to serve my needs. Long story short, having spent countless hours tweaking performance, SEO, mobile and secuity, while I am satisfied in having been able to finally achieve a score of 100 in hubspot website grader, I would be interested to know if anyone of you has taken the plunge to migrate their website from bootstrap version 3 to version 4 without having to spend an inordinate amount of time in doing so and the steps taken to accomplish what appears to be a formidable and somewhat overwhelming task to begin with. Also, after all is said and done, do you feel the migration from bootstrap version 3 to 4 is worth doing for an existing website that was created and relies essentially upon bootstrap version 3? For those interested, my website is inspectabuilding.com. Thank you ahead of time.
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

I don't know exactly when, but it will be soon that Bootstrap will be updating to version 5. Why not wait on 4 and go to 5 when it comes out.
Learn something, Share something.
User 2361117 Photo

115 posts

If as you say, with bootstrap version 5 in the offing, makes sense to wait and migrate to version 5 rather than take the time to migrate to version 4.
User 2906089 Photo

222 posts

Well, I'm a newbie with most of cc's applications, so I can't tell you what to do. Here's a link to Bootstraps blog. https://blog.getbootstrap.com/ I hope that helps you make the decision.

Learn something, Share something.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.