"LINKS" ICON has a mind of its own -...

User 465061 Photo

8 posts

I've been using the LINK icon to create a hyper-link to another page, but the software seems to pick a random page to link and not the one I selected. How do I fix this?
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,463 posts
Online Now

Before we can give you any assistance, you'll have to tell us which CoffeeCup prog. you are using.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 465061 Photo

8 posts

Sorry, I should have mentioned it. I'm using CoffeeCup Visual Site Designer and I just downloaded the latest version. Thanks.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,463 posts
Online Now

In VSD, if you have not specified a different name, the first page is called MyWebsite (front page), and the additional pages are called in the sequence they are created: Page1, Page2 etc. So, when you create a link, you get this little 'Link window' where you can specify which of the pages (of the ones I mentioned) you want to link to.

I would advise you to give the pages more describing names, though, like 'Products', 'Download', 'Contact' or whatever is relevant for you. Those names have to be given right from the start, when you click 'Add Page' in the 'Page identification' field. The rest should be straight forward, really.

You can of course also link to some other website, and in that case you have to give the full URL.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 465061 Photo

8 posts

I have unique names for all of my pages (which I now have about 40). The problem still exists.

I use the LINKS icon, select the page that I want to link, but it just picks some random page and links it.

This is for a quarterly ezine which should have been published two weeks ago, but I can't because the LINKS icon refuses to cooperate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

HI, Just curious, if your using text links, you must double click on the text, hightlight it, then click the link tab on top, then select the page you wish to link to. Is this how your are doing this.
http://www.screencast.com/t/QPVUss8F

User 465061 Photo

8 posts

I highlight the text where I want the link, then I click on the LINKS icon. The window appears where I can link a page, an e-mail address, another website or a document. There is also a USE LINK box, which I tried to use both with the check and unchecked.

I use the drop down box to locate the page that I want to link to and click on it. The page that comes back IS NOT the page I've selected. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Again, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

but the correct page is selected when making the link, but when clicked wrong page ok. Does it work in preview at all?

The Use Link Should Always Be Checked aong with your selection.

What is you OS, Browser your using?

User 465061 Photo

8 posts

Okay, I reinstalled the software and the LINKS icon is working for now. Thanks Bruce and Inger!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.