Is it possible to create links to...

User 378546 Photo

1 post

I am new to HTML so please bear with me and my ignorance. I am trying to create a database of a bunch of Word files and I want to be able to create a link to each file within the folder the word files are in without manually creating the link to each specific file. Is there any way that I would be able to create some code that would create a link to each file within the folder automatically and have the text in the hyperlink appear as the file name?

Thanks for your help, Matt
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

A little late of a reply, but there are some freeware apps that can generate an html index with links to all files in folders. I'd Google under something like the following phrase:
dir to html
That will pull up a few at least.
Also, if it didn't need to be fancy, and depending on your hosting service, you might be able to just allow Directory Browsing to the folder of choice, which would then list all files in that folder and are clickable to open/download.

You mentioned database though, so I'm not sure how to tie that in (beyond my simple solutions given).

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.