Interactive Spreadsheet or data -...

User 319123 Photo

3 posts

Hi all,

My HTML/XHTML skills are not great, so please don't hesitate to let me know if I'm trying to do something that is just too hard. I work for a small market research company. We have many people who work out of their homes. One problem I have is getting sample (phone numbers/contacts) to them. Some people have excel, so I email them sample, some have to come in and pick up printed sample, and others have mac or linux which means they also have to come in. I'd like to create a web page with sample on it. It would have something like a persons name, their phone number next to it and then a blank column where my interviewers could type in what happened during the call or maybe a drop down list with a list of the different dispositions (refused, completed, answering machine, etc.). I've seen websites where you can purchase their services to do this, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials on how to do this yourself? Please note, I prefer to use something other than Excel's web features, as it only works if you have IE, and a lot of my people (even us in the main office) use firefox or safari.

Thanks
Andrew
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

If you haven't played with Gmail much, they have some pretty cool features including Documents & Spreadsheets. I was just trying some things out since this question came up and I made a form that submits to a spreadsheet and the results can then be embedded onto a web page, which is updated every 5 mins (according to Google):
http://www.coffeecuphelp.com/adam/GoogleForm.html
I know it at least works with Firefox, and being Google, assuming all others.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.