*important about website I have...

User 503368 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

I first off want to thank everyone for your help and hope everyone is having a great weekend! I recently developed (with a pre-made script) our website www.alliancedirect.net and I am having some problems which seem minor but are giving me a headache for the amount of time I have spent trying to figure out what to do...

I am using Adobe Flash CS4 now on my website. As you can see; most of the items are perfectly done with the site but I am having a couple of problems....esp. with coffeecup form builder. I built the form that I need to be on the site but for some reason I can't seem to incorporate it within the main site within the flash. The part of the site I want the form to work with is the part on the top right which is "about us" and there is actually a form built in it right now but I could not figure out how to do the "mailscript" so I wanted to upload the one with coffee cup form builder. Like I said, the problem I am having is incorporating the form within the flash portion of the site. I always had some problems with this with the news flash but I assume it is the same process but that is within the html portion of the site.

Thanks for reading this and hope to hear from from you soon. Thanks again!
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

For your existing form, you need to pass the variables of the form fields from your actionscript to a php file that sends the email.

Here is an example:

Actionscript Code
on (release) {
name = Name.text;
email = Email.text;
phone = Phone.text;
message = Message.text;
loadVariables("send.php",'POST');
}

PHP Code
<?php
$EmailFrom = $email;
$EmailTo = "You@YourEmailAddress.com";
$Subject = "Website Email";
$Name = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['name']));
$Email = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['email']));
$Message = Trim(stripslashes($_POST['message']));
$IP = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];;
$Body = "";
$Body .= "Name: ";
$Body .= $name;
$Body .= "\n";
$Body .= "Phone: ";
$Body .= $phone;
$Body .= "\n";
$Body .= "Email: ";
$Body .= $email;
$Body .= "\n";
$Body .= "Message: ";
$Body .= $message;
$Body .= "\n";
$Body .= "IP: ";
$Body .= $IP;
$Body .= "\n";
$success = mail($EmailTo, $Subject, $Body, "From: <$EmailFrom>");
?>
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.