HTML Editor 08 shuts down if I switch...

User 455115 Photo

19 posts

When I switch to Visual Editor or Preview mode, the program will automatically shut down. It only happens to a file that has Java Applet. I think the problem has to do with Java Applet. That file is the homepage and it already uploaded. If you need to see the path, here is the site http://www.envisionlandscaping.com/ I would appreciated if anyone can help.
Thien
User 463058 Photo

Ambassador
1,075 posts

I think you mean Java applet. Javascript is completely different. Your code contains a few coding errors. I'm not sure if those errors are the problem, or if it's the applet as you suspect. You should check the page with a validator.

Among the errors are incorrectly nested tags including the font tags adjacent to the applet. Here's the corrected code for that portion, but I doubt it will help keep the editor from shutting down if you switch views.

<p align="LEFT">
<font color="YELLOW">&nbsp; </font><font color="#002F00">.</font>
<applet archive="AnLake.jar" code="AnLake.class" width="300" height="262">
<param name="credits" value="Applet by Fabio Ciucci (www.anfyteam.com)">
<param name="res" value="1">
<param name="image" value="pine-logo.gif">
<param name="wavspeed" value="5">
<param name="perspective" value="10">
<param name="farwaving" value="50">
<param name="wind" value="10">
<param name="windvarval" value="5">
<param name="windvarmin" value="5">
<param name="windvarmax" value="10">
<param name="halfreflect" value="YES">
<param name="overimg" value="NO">
<param name="overimgX" value="100">
<param name="overimgY" value="0">
<param name="textscroll" value="NO">
<param name="regcode" value="qkb9s2aoqyqeecuzcfqtyrndr58etas2stfqkm6gielq+grbjvnvoofuevhhqlsn-fttefmehhgl">
<param name="reglink" value="NO">
<param name="regnewframe" value="NO">
<param name="regframename" value="_blank">
<param name="statusmsg" value="AnLake applet">
<param name="memdelay" value="1000">
<param name="priority" value="6">
<param name="MinSYNC" value="2">
<font color="YELLOW">Please <a href="http://www.anfyteam.com/java/">download Java(tm)</a>.</font>
</applet>
</p>
User 455115 Photo

19 posts

Thank you Cary. It's not the Java Applet code but the HTML Editor. Here is a message from a HTML Editor tech support "The problem is not caused by a javascript, but a Java applet (they're two different languages). The Visual Editor tab cannot parse through this Java applet to display it, so the program crashes. If you need to edit this page, you'll either need to stay in the Code Editor tab or remove the applet first. Let us know if you have any other questions."

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.