How to refresh automatically? - Post...

User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Did you follow the steps I described before about deleting the old bookmark and refreshing everything after the new page and favicon is on the server?
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 401662 Photo

23 posts

Hi Tom!

That doesn't seem to help. Are you seeing the favicon with IE or any other browser?

There's gotta be something I can do.

Byron
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I go to your main page and the favicon displays in IE, FF, Opera, and Safari.
User 401662 Photo

23 posts

HEY IT WORKS!!!

I had tried deleting the Temporary Internet Files a few times in the past, after making changes, but this time I deleted the History and Cookies as well. One or both of them made the difference! I'll try deleting them one at a time on different PCs here at work to see which one(s) make the difference.

Bill... Tom... and anyone else... Thank you very much!!

Many Blessings to you!!

Byron
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Byron,

Glad it is working for you. I was ready to start pulling out the remainder of my hair trying to figure this out. :)
User 401662 Photo

23 posts

Bill,

Is it working for you too? Do you see the favicon using IE?

Thanks again!!
Byron
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Byron,

Yes it is. One more thing that I have done in the past, and did just now;

I deleted your site from my favorites, and then clicked on the IE icon in the URL window, and dragged it to the browser window. Immediately the favicon appeared, and when I added your site to the favorites, the favicon is used by your site in the favorites list.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

I told you the problem was with the ico and that you needed to clear your favorites and cache. ;)

Have you people not learned that I am always right, even when I'm wrong? :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.