How do you do that? - Post ID 20083

User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

I would love to achieve the same dashed underline effect that CoffeeCup has done on its web site. I did email the CC Web Designer days and days ago, but he never got back to me.

So any of you guys out there know how they do it - to see what I mean, goto http://www.coffeecup.com/bizdev/ under CoffeeCup Business Development where it says CoffeeCup.

I love the simple way it emphasises individual words and would love to use the same effect on my site - so please someone, tell me how they do it!

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Hey Helena

Your great - big kiss coming your way. Worked a treat. Many thanks.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 3 Photo

Administrator
1,371 posts

Mark,

The effect you are talking about on our site is actually done with the ACRONYM tag. The source code for the example you point out is:

<acronym title="fresh software. warm people.">CoffeeCup</acronym>

This renders a little differently in IE and Firefox but overall will give you the same effect.

Since we use a template system for our website the way we do it is a little more complex. We use a function that searches the text of the page and dynamically wraps the words we want with the acronym tag. You can find the basis for the code we use here:

http://www.jcornelius.com/files/code/mo … nymit.phps

Hope this helps!
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Ooooooooo - All seems rather complicated to me. The reason I love CoffeeCup stuff is that it makes complicated things oh so very very simple. Makes me look good, increases CC bank balance (if only a little), and the world becomes a better place.
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 120601 Photo

12 posts

I have a request to design and develope a website something like the one I have typed this message into. The client wants the user to place their own .jpg or .gif images and accompaning text, just like this page.

How do I do this?!!!! is there CC software that will work for this?

Regards to all,
Graeme

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.