How do i deactivate nav button & use...

User 323557 Photo

17 posts

I'm trying to take a pre-exsiting webpage button on my navigational section and basically de-activate it so that it does not go to the websites internal page, but instead would link out to an external website.

So let me say it this way as well: I have a Band Website. It has a "calendar page" for the bands schedule, but I no longer want to use the calendar at the website, but instead i want to re-direct the traffic from that (calendar) button over to my myspace page were I will be putting all of the calendar/schedule information. BUT, I want the button to visually look/act the same way in terms of the rollover effects.

I have tryed changing the href= to the myspace address but the link first trys to go thru the bands website address and then to the myspace address instead of just going directly to the myspace address.. and consequently i get a "page not found" page from my server.

I hope I didnt confuse everyone here. Any help is greatly appreciated...
Roger Wood
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Roger,

A link to the nav button would be helpful.

In the past have you used a relative link or have you used the full URL?

Did you replace everything in the href= statement to the full URL?
User 323557 Photo

17 posts

Hey thnx for your reply. Here is the link: http://www.rockaraoke.com

Im not sure what you mean by relative link or full url.

And yes, i replaced everything in the href statement.

Roger
User 323557 Photo

17 posts

Hey all, i just figured out my problem.. i forgot to add the http:// part in front of the new link. I didnt know that was an issue.. i thought the www. would be enough.

i thank you all for your time.

Sincerely

Roger
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Roger,

Glad you found the problem.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.