Help - new website too wide - Post ID...

User 373374 Photo

5 posts

I just loaded up my new website and immediately got feedback that it is too wide for a regular screen. I designed it on a wide screen not realizing that it would not resize to fit an ordinary screen. Now what do I do? The site is www.vanderkolffknives.com

Thanks
Steve
Thanks
Steve
Come for a visit at www.vanderkolffknives.com
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Steve, I just looked at your site, and other than some missing images, it look good.

I resized my web browser window, and your text adjusted to fit.

Bill
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Steve,

I did another check of your web site, and notice that your knife photos are 590px wide. On a small screen monitor (800x600), that only leaves 210px for everything else including the space around everything, your borders, scrollbar, and your text description.

You might want to set your monitor resolution to 800x600 and see if you think anything needs adjusting.

You should view the page with browsers other than internet explorer, and you will see some problems with images not loading due to html errors. You can get a free copy of Firefox, and can get addons that will show you the errors.

Bill

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.