Forms for ordering - Post ID 1110

User 451391 Photo

1 post

I am trying to make a form where my customers can type in an item number into an input box, click on a 'find item' button, and have some info that is stored in MySql database table (the 'item information' table) be displayed, and on this display, have a button for them to click to add that item number to another table in MySql (the 'customer order' table).

I have made the 2nd part of my problem by making the form where they can type in an item number and quanity and submit that to mysql database, but how can I display information from the mysql database? I might add that I don't want them to have to type the item number in twice...

I purchased the big package of all coffecup software, so I have access to all your programs, if I need to use something besides WebForms.

thank you in advance,

-B
User 133269 Photo

2,900 posts

Hi

As far as i know there is no way to feed info into the form builder easily :(

If you know php and mysql you can have the form submit to a php page that pulls the info... it's a bit of coding and hacking though...

CC has a new shopping cart program due to be released soon - perhaps that will be more useful?
Have fun
~ Fe Pixie ~

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.