Forms and tables - Post ID 1690

User 109676 Photo

21 posts

I am just starting to create a form that invited visitors to my web site will be asked to fill in. I do not understand tables or forms that well.

I have copied the coding from another web site, and am now trying to edit it for my own use.

What do I have to do in order to:
Question #1 – Make the entire fill-in section of the form wider?
Question #2 – Make the First Name and Last Name sections wider?
Question #3 – Make the fill-in white sections wider?
Question #3 – Change the fill-in white color to #FFFF99?
Question #4 – Automatically take the inputted information and save it to my server?

I want to thank you for your help.

You can view the start of what I have done at the below URL:
http://www.binenbaum.org/Ancestry_questionnaire.shtml

Below is part of the coding:
<body>

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="100" style="font-family: Arial; border-left-style: none; border-left-width: medium; border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1; border-top-style: none; border-top-width: medium; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-width: medium">
</td>
<td valign="top" width="5" style="border-right-style: none; border-right-width: medium; border-top-style: none; border-top-width: medium; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-width: medium">
</td>
<td valign="top" height="100%" style="border-right-style: none; border-right-width: medium; border-top-style: none; border-top-width: medium; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-width: medium">
</td>
</tr>

<table class="MsoTableGrid" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse; border-left-color: inherit; border-left-width: 0; border-right-color: inherit; border-top-color: inherit; border-bottom-color: inherit" height="150" width="1000">
<tr>
<td style="border-right: 1px solid windowtext; border-top: 1px solid #000000; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; background: #000000; border-left-color:#000000; border-bottom-color:windowtext" nowrap align="left">
<p align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF">
<span style="font-family: Arial; font-weight: 700"><font size="4"><b>Your Info</b></span></font></font></td>
<td style="border-right-color: #000000; border-top: 1px solid #000000; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; border-left-color:inherit" nowrap align="left" bgcolor="#E0E0E0" colspan="4">
<p align="center">
<span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial"><b><font size="4">BINENBAUM Descendant</font></b></span></td>
</tr>
<!-- 080702 Start Your Information Section -->
<tr>
<td rowspan="2" style="border-left: 1px solid #000000; border-right: 1.0pt solid windowtext; border-bottom: 1.0pt solid windowtext; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; background: #E0E0E0; border-top-color:inherit" nowrap align="left">
<p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center">
<span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial"><b>Your Name</b></span></td>
<td style="border-right:1px solid windowtext; border-left:1px solid; border-bottom:medium none; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; border-top-color:inherit" nowrap align="left" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">
<p class="MsoNormal">
<input type="text" name="DFNam" size="12" tabindex="1"></td>
<td style="border-right-color: windowtext; border-bottom: medium none; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; border-left-color:inherit; border-top-color:inherit" nowrap align="left" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">
<p class="MsoNormal">
<input type="text" name="DMNam" size="12" tabindex="2"></td>
<td style="border-left: 1px solid; border-bottom: medium none; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; border-right-color:windowtext; border-top-color:inherit" nowrap align="left" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">
<p class="MsoNormal">
<input type="text" name="DLNam" size="12" tabindex="3"></td>
<td style="border-right:1px solid #000000; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; border-left-style:solid; border-left-width:1; border-bottom-style:none; border-bottom-width:medium" nowrap align="left" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">

</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td valign="top" style="border-right:1px solid windowtext; width: 400; border-left: 1px solid; border-top: medium none; border-bottom-color: windowtext; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in" height="1" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">
<p class="MsoNormal"><i>
<span style="font-family: Arial; font-weight: 700"><font size="1">First</font></span></i></td>
<td valign="top" style="width: 200; border-right-color: windowtext; border-top: medium none; border-bottom-color: windowtext; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; border-left-color:inherit" height="1" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">
<p class="MsoNormal"><i>
<span style="font-family: Arial; font-weight: 700"><font size="1">Middle</font></span></i></td>
<td valign="top" style="width: 400; border-left: 1px solid; border-top: medium none; border-bottom-color: windowtext; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; border-right-color:windowtext" height="1" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">
<p class="MsoNormal"><i>
<span style="font-family: Arial; font-weight: 700"><font size="1">Last</font></span></i></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td style="width: 96; border-left: 1px solid #000000; border-top: medium none; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in; background: #E0E0E0; border-right-color:windowtext" height="28">
<p class="MsoNormal" align="center" style="text-align:center">
<span style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial"><b>Your E-Mail</b></span></td>
<td colspan="4" valign="top" style="width: 800; border-left: 1px solid; border-right: 1px solid #000000; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid #000000; padding-left: 5.4pt; padding-right: 5.4pt; padding-top: 0in; padding-bottom: 0in" height="28" bgcolor="#C8FFFF">
<input type="text" name="DEmail" size="60" tabindex="19"></td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- 080702 End Your Information Section -->
In addition to posting your reply to this Forum, can you please send a copy to my e-mail address:

Larry Schenker
Los Angeles, CA, USA
LPSCA@EARTHLINK.NET
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Larry,

Look in your code for this line:
<input type="text" name="DFNam" size="12" tabindex="1">

Change the size="12" to a larger number like 50 and see if that is what you want. Use the same technique to increase the size of the other fields.

That should also point you to the code you need to change for other items.

Look for code like this: bgcolor="#C8FFFF" and you will find the background colors.

To save your data to your database, I suggest you look at the PDF file with the CoffeeCup Form builder. There are some directions there for what you need and setup instructions for different hosting companies.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.