Flash Menu not working on Website -...

User 446216 Photo

5 posts

Hi -- I am building a new website for our company using both the CC Visual Site Designer and the CC Flash Menu Builder.

I have a Menu built, and when I preview it in Menu Builder it looks perfect and links to the right pages.

When I go to VSD and try to "add flash application" it does, but when I then go and preview the webpage, where the menu is embedded I see a "Form Object" text.

Any ideas how to fix this? I'm thinking I have the Form files in the wrong directory, but I've tried putting them both in the "files" directory and just the main website directory but I get the same problem both times.

I can't link you to my site, cause it's not live yet :)

Thanks
Angela
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

If you haven't already, upgrade to the latest version of VSD (5.9 just released). You really don't get much control as to where the files are added. The "files" folder on your hard drive is what's exported after saving, so placing files there will not affect what's inside of your VSD project. Hope that makes sense. I know some things don't preview well locally (like RSS Feeds), but I don't think Menu Builder is one of them. Maybe someone else in here has shared your problem.
User 446216 Photo

5 posts

Thanks... but I'm still lost. I have set my webpage up so it can be viewed at www.evanscomponents.com/new

What is making me crazy is in Visual, I see the placeholder for the "html" object which is my menu. When I preview the page in Visual, all I see is a big white rectangle where the menu should be. When I open the menu in the Flash Builder though, the menu looks perfect.

I'm going to keep at it though. Thanks!
User 468496 Photo

Trial User
1 post

flash menu working in IE but not working in mozilla
User 466032 Photo

14 posts

Hi,

I am having the same problem. One minute it was working perfectly and then after the next upload I get the 'Form Object' text instead of the flash menu navigation menu???? And yes, its annoying me. I hope we can find an answer to this.

This is the site www.sideinturkey.com

The weird thing is I havent changed anything to do with the nav menu.
Stallen
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Stallen , could you check to see if you have got the "ghost.png" and swf object located on your server, could try to use the add files wizard
under the settings tab to ad them if needed.

Did you get any errors when previewing? for example did VSD ask if you wanted to located anything or state it couldn't find something and ask to locate it? thanks

User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Like Bruce mentioned, the problem is that the swfobject.js file either was not uploaded or is not in the right place. Trying to load it directly gives me File Not Found:
http://www.sideinturkey.com/swfobject.js (where it should be)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.