First Attempt with Coffeecup - Post...

User 1373858 Photo

17 posts

Hi,

I bought Coffeecup about 9 months ago with a view to making my own web page to advertise an apartment for rent.

I have very little experience of building a web page and although I have played around with the HTML editor my attempts are not great.

Maybe i am missing something but i dont have a manual that says here is where you start etc.... I muddling alomg and missing a lot of the features of the product I am sure.

Any advice? Is there a manual? I know the templates are gone which would have been great but is there a Coffeecup book even?

Many thanks,

Mike
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

In the help files of the HTML editor there are help files for the understanding of what to do and how to start. There is also a book, not actually a CoffeeCup book, but this book is written by Nick Longo, the founder of CoffeeCup, and it explains the basics up to a fair expertise level. You can buy the book at the same place as you bought the CC software, it's called 'My website is better than yours.'

Since your aim is advertising property for rent, it may interest you to take a look at the site of the last URL in my signature. It was made before I heard of CoffeeCup, but it has been updated and upgraded using several of the CC applications.

Also, when viewing a site of your liking, you can right-click on the page and view the source code. Studying the source code of a site can be useful in understanding some of the 'secrets' of HTML. :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 434290 Photo

Trial User
41 posts

You would probably enjoy using Visual Site Designer (VSD) instead of HTML Editor. It's much easier to grasp for beginners.
User 437749 Photo

5 posts

I have Visual Site Designer and am just finishing the last touches on my new home page. However, I need to know how to upload that page to my new web host, which is lunarpages. Has anyone done that successfully and will they please let me know how?
AMD
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

AMD,

You might want to put your question in a new topic with VSD and Lunarpages in the subject. That will likely get the attention of those using that program with that host.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

I thought I postd a repy before but AMD try looking at this.
This is how I set my Lunarpages up in VSD.
http://nic-nacs-plus.com/tutorials/setupVSD.html

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.