down load a web page into Coffeecup...

User 333461 Photo

13 posts

I thought I read some where said we can download other web pages (from an existing web, not in the coffeecup program), and use it as platform or change the content. But I can not find out how to do it and could not find where I read about it!

I have an old web site that I need to load into Coffeecup, prefer load into Visual Site Design so I can save it and edit it. If can loan into HTML editor then I need to know how to convert to VSD.
Please help!!
Thanks in advance!
CC
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Unfortunately, pages can't be load/imported into VSD yet. It's on the wishlist. HTML Editor can open any previously created html file, among others.
User 333461 Photo

13 posts

Thanks! I could not find where is the instruction about how to down load via HTML editor. Can you point out?
After down load into HTML editor, can we convert into VSD?
Thanks!
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Look in the HTML editor for the File menu (top left). In that menu you will find a "open from web" that will allow you to download the information directly into the editor, providing you have the FTP login information.

Another method is to right click on your browser and use the commands there to view the source. When you are viewing the source, CRTL-A then CTRL-C to copy the code. Then in the HTML editor, open a new page, and remove the pre-loaded starter code, and CTRL-V to paste the code into the editor.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.