DHTML menu quirk? - Post ID 1652

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi, Bill
http://www.kellyinfo.com/Menu.html
it shows the 2 menus, one in your span and one in an iframe, I haven't tried to make the links work yet. But I'm sure it's possible.may be a matter of using full url's will try it sometime tonight.

User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Bruce,

Wow, four menus on one page. I will try to take a look at that and see what I can do to make things work for me as well.

Thanks!!
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Bill,
only 2 are dhtml menu builder By CC, one is Flash menu builder, however right now I'm working on the second dhtml menu, cause I'm having a problem with the links as it opens in it's own Iframe lol. figures huh.And installed in VSD
UPDATE:Your Right Bill Sorry I couyldn't get it working yet but will keep trying, it can be done, however Flash Menu Builder Does Allow for this Situation of multiple menus.

User 456980 Photo

81 posts

Thanks for the info guys. I eliminated a word in the last item and made it fit, so that should work.

But, Bill, I did redo that menu with the new DHTML menu builder, and am still having the same problem... not every time, but every few times, the menu doesn't work... or even more interesting, only half of the items work!
Any more ideas? You can see the actual menu code at http://southpacificfamily.org/testingonline/pagemenu.js

-MK
I work on my computer mainly for the purpose of working on my computer.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

MK,

Every time I visit your site and actually try the menu, it works. I can see no reason for the problem.

If you want to try one more thing, you can download a file. The DHTML Dat file can be changed. The file is a self-extracting zip file that was made with the free CoffeeCup zip program. Once the file has been run, it will extract a replacement dat file and a read me text file.

Hope this helps.
User 456980 Photo

81 posts

Thanks for your help, Bill.
I'll run that file, see if it helps...
It isn't a huge problem, just a quirky thing and I wanted to see if it was solvable. It could be cache problem, since it works on your computer.
Anyway, thanks again.

-MK
I work on my computer mainly for the purpose of working on my computer.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.