Decompile SWF to FLA - Post ID 24802

User 14825 Photo

Ambassador
33 posts

I have been looking for software to decompile swf to fla and have found some, but would purchase from CoffeeCup before anyone else in a heartbeat if it was available from CC. Do not know what I would do with out my CoffeeCup arsenal!
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

I'm actually surprised that companies make/sell SWF decompilers. I would've imagined they would only be made/distributed by hackers/crackers since that gives you access to the creator's original work/files. Not to say they're not really useful tools, but sadly I'm sure they're abused more for stealing other people's code, pics, etc. I haven't read whether or not if it's even legal, or if Flash has any option for protection (similar to creating PDFs perhaps).
User 14825 Photo

Ambassador
33 posts

I created a swf intro for a potential customer two years ago. Last week I signed a contract with them - and they want the flash as part of the deal. Great. I have the .swf, but not the .fla.
That's why I need a decomplier. Otherwise, I will just have to invest the hours all over again.
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Linda - Sothink do one. It does cost, but they allow trial download as well. It may be eneough to do what you want without paying for it.

Mark

URL http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdec … /index.htm
Mark Loves CoffeeCup

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.