Best place to learn web...

User 3164305 Photo

1 post

Hey there!

First off, isn't the journey of web design and development just fascinating? From my own experience, diving into the world of pixels and codes was like embarking on a thrilling expedition. I remember back in the day, when I was just a teenager, my cousin and I found an old, dusty computer in our grandmother's attic. We decided to boot it up, and voila! It was working. To keep us occupied during that long summer, we challenged each other to create the best personal website. Ah, the joys of animated GIFs and flashy banners! But hey, we had to start somewhere, right? So, we scoured the internet for resources, and found three goldmines that are still relevant today:

1. FreeCodeCamp: This platform was our savior! It's a fantastic place for both beginners and those with some experience. The interactive lessons, projects, and supportive community really make the learning process engaging and dynamic. By the end of that summer, we had our own basic portfolios and even a silly game we coded together.

2. MDN Web Docs: Maintained by Mozilla, the company behind Firefox, this is a treasure trove of information. Whenever we got stuck on a particular topic or wanted to dive deeper, MDN was our go-to. It’s like an encyclopedia but written in plain English.

3. CodePen: Oh boy, this place! It's like a playground for web designers and developers. We'd spend hours browsing through others' creations, getting inspired, and trying to replicate or tweak them on our own. It's a fantastic place to see real-world applications and challenge yourself.

Remember, the world of web design and development is vast, and there's always something new to learn. Dive in, be patient, and most importantly, have fun! That summer challenge with my cousin? I won, by the way. But shhh, don't tell him I said that.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.