Adding a forum to my website - Post...

User 474198 Photo

1 post

Hi all,

I am a self-confessed computer idiot, but I have (somehow) managed to build a site for my hotel. I would like to add a forum/customer comments page to my site and honestly, I don't have a clue how to do it. I understand what I have to do, just not how.

I have been using Visual Site Designer, so I can easiy just 'make another page'. I then figured that I could use Form Builder, but I'm not sure how to make sure that I can moderate the comments and then how I can make sure that they are displayed in an attractive manner.

Any help anyone can give me will be grateully received.

:-)
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address, just to keep the spammers away.

It really sounds like you need forum software or blog software. I know that my hosting company provides forum software (don't really like it) but you can find free forum software and free blog software on the web. If the forum or blog is busy, moderating can take some time.

If you just want to provide a place for your customers to leave you a message, the CoffeeCup Form Builder can be exactly what you need. The default form when you first open the program is a simple form that is a "contact" form. You can then post the comments yourself using copy and paste to move the customer's text to your web page.
User 456980 Photo

81 posts

For my site, I use a free forum software, it seems to be working pretty well, and was fairly easy to set up. But, as Bill says, a forum isn't necessary if you aren't wanting a lot of ongoing discussions.
I work on my computer mainly for the purpose of working on my computer.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.