Wordpress on same domain as folder I...

User 2004620 Photo

2 posts

I have a Wordpress installation on a domain. I have Website Access Manger connected to that domain. I have a client area folder that I have put on the domain through FTP, so it's kind of on it's own there. I tried to password protect the folder using Website Access Manager, but when I to it in a Safari browser it gives me the Wordpress 404 error. Is there an easy way to prevent that?
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Try a subdomain instead of a subdirectory.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

hmm I use subdirectories with it all the time (well I haven't set one up in quite a while though lol, but I have it setup on quite a few already). I don't think that should matter that much since you can actually protect pretty much anything individually or entire folders etc.

Joel, is this only in Safari you have this issue? Or have you not tried other browsers to see?
User 2004620 Photo

2 posts

Thanks for your responses. It happens on windows IE too. I'm using IE 9 I believe. I am assuming it happens on all browsers but those are the ones I've tried.

In the meantime I'll try the subdomain idea.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.