WEBSITE PASSWORD ACCESS - Post ID 84397

User 472422 Photo

111 posts

Greetings

I am trying to password protect a folder in www.koryu-uchinadi.net with CC's website access software. I went through the steps and everything seemed OK. I checked to see if the htaccess files were created - they are. However I am not getting the sign in screen and my members only site is open to all.

Any ideas

Thanks

Tony
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Tony,

If you are using GoDaddy, try again now. It has been several hours, and Godaddy and maybe other hosts need time to recognize the changes you have made.

User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Tony,

Are you trying to protect the entire site, or just part of the site?

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I have seen Godaddy take well over 4hrs for the htaccess to take hold.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 340136 Photo

4 posts

I'm not exactly certain how to make the sub folder seen on the web. I have a similar problem here. I'm new to the web design world, using VSD (awesome program!). I have a business website, and I want to have my employee only page password protected. I looked at the tutorial that Scott made up on how to create the sub directory, but I'm still not doing something right. I moved my "employee.html" file into the sub directory, but when I go to that page via any link on the site, nothing happens (I'm redirected back to my homepage). If I don't put the file in the subfolder, my employee page is open to the public!

Also, when I called godaddy just now, they told me that I needed to create an index file to put in the sub folder. (1) Is that right? and (2) How in the heck do I do that?

I would REALLY like to get this done... its been a long 12 hours in front of the computer screen haha!

Thanks,

J.O.
User 340136 Photo

4 posts

ah, www.completemosaic.com is the website. Guess I could've put that in the first post!
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Jared,
Have you tried re-naming the file to index.htm after you put it in the "employee" folder? Just a thought. I've not used WAM or secured a page on any of my sites 'yet'. Although, I guess I should get around to it.

Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 340136 Photo

4 posts

Phil wrote:

Have you tried re-naming the file to index.htm after you put it in the "employee" folder?

It didn't work this time, but let me make sure I understood what you meant. I transferred my "employees.html" from my root folder to my "secure" folder. Once it was inside the "secure" folder I renamed "employees.html" to "index.html" and then "index.htm". Neither of those worked.

:(

Good idea though!

J.O.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Ok, well sorry that didn't help...
I will look into the process as I get the chance over the next day or so and see if I can come up with anything that will help.
Until then, there are several top notch guru's of CC's software that frequent this board, so someone is bound to come along and help you out.
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.