Website examples using Website Access...

User 514943 Photo

125 posts

Does WAM provide the ability to customize the login page? Jo Ann, your example is a generic login screen (looks just like the one created with my cpanel of hosting provider). I would like a custom login screen.
Love those Nikon's!
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Nikon wrote:
Does WAM provide the ability to customize the login page? Jo Ann, your example is a generic login screen (looks just like the one created with my cpanel of hosting provider). I would like a custom login screen.

It's actually not possible to change the appearance of the login box that appears when a user tries to access a page protected by Website Access Manager. This is because the program is powered by .htaccess files, which protect pages from a browser level, not through a login page. Although .htaccess is far more secure than other available methods of protection, it does mean you must sacrifice some control over design.

Here's how the process works: Your user clicks on a link to a protected page. Their web browser tries to take them there, but it encounters an .htaccess file that says, "Hey, this is a members-only area. Show me your credentials." The browser then asks your user for their login information using its built-in login box.

Since the login box is a part of the browser, you don’t have any control over how it looks. In addition, each browser's login box is unique. However, you can use Website Access Manager to change the text that appears on the login box. Just click on the "Server Config" toolbar icon.

Please see http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … login-box/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 335017 Photo

1 post

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Nikon wrote:

It's actually not possible to change the appearance of the login box that appears when a user tries to access a page protected by Website Access Manager. This is because the program is powered by .htaccess files, which protect pages from a browser level, not through a login page. Although .htaccess is far more secure than other available methods of protection, it does mean you must sacrifice some control over design.

Here's how the process works: Your user clicks on a link to a protected page. Their web browser tries to take them there, but it encounters an .htaccess file that says, "Hey, this is a members-only area. Show me your credentials." The browser then asks your user for their login information using its built-in login box.

Since the login box is a part of the browser, you don’t have any control over how it looks. In addition, each browser's login box is unique. However, you can use Website Access Manager to change the text that appears on the login box. Just click on the "Server Config" toolbar icon.

Please see http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … login-box/

When I go to Tools > Options, no Message Boxes tab appears. What am I doing wrong? (Version 4.0, build 214)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

In the latest version, click on the "Server Config" toolbar icon to access that feature.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.