Website Access- subdirectory question...

User 494844 Photo

8 posts

I have website access protecting a directory. Within that directory I have subfolders for the purpose of organizing documents for download. When the link is clicked on the login box pops up however when you click "cancel" the document loads.

Is there anyway to keep the login box from reappearing.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

If you are protecting your main directory, your sub-directory will also be protected as well. There is no way to "exclude" that directory from being protected.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 406146 Photo

83 posts

Not sure why but when i protect one folder all folders and content in the other folders in that folder protected is not protected only the fold selected is protected is it something i'm doing wrong or do i have to add all folders in that directory. Cause like u stated,
If you are protecting your main directory, your sub-directory will also be protected as well.

Well not true in my case..!
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Louis We would need a lnk so someone can check why your having a problem, or put in a support ticket as some personal info may be needed.
Thanks.http://emoticons4u.com/crazy/1412.gif

User 406146 Photo

83 posts

ya not sure why but if you protect one folder but all other folders with in are not being protected so have to add each folder in directory in order to protect content..!
User 1952472 Photo

1 post

I'm trying toprotect a sub-domain on GoDaddy (www.members.tmpcc.org). When I upload the HTAfiles, it locks up, and no user name or password will allow me into the page. I had a few Users and Passwords working, but now I can't get anything to work. HELP!
Harvey Berger
Harvey
"The light at the end of the tunnel may be a train"
htttp://www.tmpcc.org

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.