Website Access problem.... - Post ID...

User 458079 Photo

15 posts

A question what are all the relevant files that should be deleted ?
Can some one give me a list or will the clean out do all of that?
thanks,
Ron
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

There are just 2 files, .htaccess and .htpasswd A .htaccess file will be in each and every folder you protect and one .htpasswd file will be in your server home directory.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Lucky Ron wrote:
Hey ... I'm in no way knocking the program.
My problems are that the index folder got protected not the folder within the site for members only. I was not and still have not been able to get the program to work after the clean out.

One problem I see is --- I cant delete the command files that upload when you go to the upload feature.
I know you can un-check them but I don't see how you can permanently delete them or some of them.
I've searched the instructions and see no option like that.
I think I'm saying that an option to remove the upload data (selected directories and folders ) and be able to start over would be a nice feature.

I hate to have to re-enter all our members again with a new profile.
That is what I'm going to now do to try to solve or eliminate whatever I screwed up on my 1st install. ( Scott I'm trying ).
Ron

We have an option exactly for that. Go to the Tools Menu > Remove CoffeeCup Website Access Manager from my server
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 458079 Photo

15 posts

Scott... don't get mad at me but,
I did use that but for some reason after doing that and re-uploading the files it did not take?

However I have cleaned out the original files all that I could find and re-installed the program.

I am more than happy to report........ It works !:)

It was probably me ... no I'm sure it was something I had done..:rolleyes:

I'm happier than a tick in a long hair sheepdog...:P

thanks for all your and everyones help.

(I don't think I qualify for the free programs.. ha ha )

Ron
User 462238 Photo

144 posts

Ron,

Congratulations. If there is a will, there is a way.

Enjoy, I'm having alot of requests for user access pages. This is by far the easiest road for beginners to novices. Cheap at $35.00, That's only about 6 Big Mac's and WAM will last much longer.

J.Storck
User 458079 Photo

15 posts

Thanks Jack,
$35 will buy you a lot more than 6 Big Mac's.
I'm not sure what a WAM is but it sounds good! (HaHa)
I know Scott would have liked to dig in and do it the intelligent way and edit out of the problem. Me .... well I kill fly's with a baseball bat....if you get the picture.
thanks to everyone at coffee Cup for a great program.
"Lucky Ron"
www.nsbac.net
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

You pay $6 for a nasty poker chip sized cardboard patty they call a burger? :/
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.