Website Access Manager settings -...

User 118290 Photo

52 posts

Hi all,
Installed WAM on PC at work and setup the access from there. Obviously you can see within the program the users and which folders are being managed.
I also need to work on sites at home, so if I install on home PC, how do I get all the settings into the program - (not the users, that's easy) but the site and folder access, or do I have to enter all the info again, but then it's going to try and upload it again, surely ??
Experience is what you get just after you really need it.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

All you need to do is copy the .hdb file to each system you want to work on. The files are located in:

Vista:
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup
Website Access Manager\Databases

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User-Account]\Application Data\CoffeeCup
Software\CoffeeCup Website Access Manager\Databases\
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 118290 Photo

52 posts

Thanks, Scott, I'll give that a go. :)
Experience is what you get just after you really need it.
User 483999 Photo

9 posts

All you need to do is copy the .hdb file to each system you want to work on

I have a similar question - does the file above contain all info? For example I have done several new email templates - I would not expect that it would.

So, if I just copy over all of the contents of the CoffeeCup...Manger folder would this also work? I need to be able to use my laptop when away from the office to authorize new users and I DO NOT want to screw up anything in the process. There is no simple way to test with out going to each folder and testing each - this might be a nice addition, a verify check that gives a listing of what's on the server and how it relates to the list in WAM. I love the prog. by the way!

David
I'd rather be...

www.IQXP.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The HDB file just contains the account information. All the templates are stored in the same location but in a folder called "Templates"
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 483999 Photo

9 posts

Scott:

I just installed the new WAM on a new computer and then transfered the database file folder from another computer. I also transfered the template folder.

When I run the program it has the correct users and site setup but the email templates do not show, only the sample one. When I modify this single template and save it under a different name it does not show in the drop down list - the original one is there.

I am running Win7.

Where should I put the template folder / files so they get listed? I am puzzled by this.

Also I am puzzled as to why the original templates don't show. I can understand why my modified list doesn't as I may have it in an incorrect directory.

Thanks,

David
I'd rather be...

www.IQXP.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

David Edson wrote:
Scott:

I just installed the new WAM on a new computer and then transfered the database file folder from another computer. I also transfered the template folder.

When I run the program it has the correct users and site setup but the email templates do not show, only the sample one. When I modify this single template and save it under a different name it does not show in the drop down list - the original one is there.

I am running Win7.

Where should I put the template folder / files so they get listed? I am puzzled by this.

Also I am puzzled as to why the original templates don't show. I can understand why my modified list doesn't as I may have it in an incorrect directory.

Thanks,

David

You probably moved the files to the wrong folder. I would suggest you don't do it manually, just let the installer handle it. Re-install the software and then download and re-install the themes through the interface. It will put everything in the proper locations for you.
User 483999 Photo

9 posts

Scott:

I did a reinstall and the original templates now appear. I then moved the template folder that has my modified templates to the 'correct' folder. It now works. Here was the confusion - the new computer has a different user name (just my first name) and I suspect that in the database info it has the path as a part of it. The database I transfered I put in the new computer's directory as (\AppData\Roaming\) as one would expect under Win7 yet the template folder had to be put into '\[User-Account]\Application Data\' as that is where the file was on the computer(which runs XP) - once there it now shows in WAM.

If this sounds confusing, it is/was. I may have 'confused' the install as I copied over the contents of the WAM application data from the original computer into the AppData over the new install (which did not have a template folder).

As a side note, I really appreciate WAM and the capability it has given me as I run a subscription service and having built-in email generator is a great plus.

As to back up it would be nice if one can create a directory in the process, now one can only backup to existing directories.

I'd also like to see the email templates be a part of the backup operation as they underly the configuration for all web sites.

Thanks,

David
I'd rather be...

www.IQXP.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.