Website access manager #2 - Post ID...

User 1944357 Photo

4 posts

I am curious, I am doing a website for a friends company, I would like to know how random users can come along and make a user account? Not one where I have to manually make their log-in and password myself. But one where the user creates all the information and can view online jobs and apply for them.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Joshua,

That may be a feature that CoffeeCup will add in the future, but right now it is a manual entry (or import a file).

There are some login programs on the web. I have one that I downloaded but have not had time to check it out.
User 114905 Photo

2 posts

Also interested in allowing users to register automatically as a mechanism for capturing their emails address etc. Would be interested to know of any way of integrating such a script with Website Access Manager.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

There is no automatic way to do this, but we have helped simplify the process a little bit. Please take a look at http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … f-my-site/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 432374 Photo

Trial User
1 post

Will the new version of WAM beable to register users and send the user an email automatically - like a membership site - it would be great if it could be used as a membership tool -
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

dukemarsden wrote:
Will the new version of WAM beable to register users and send the user an email automatically - like a membership site - it would be great if it could be used as a membership tool -

I am sorry but no, that will not be a feature in the software. The software was not designed for that type of functionality.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Joshua mcclanahan wrote:
I am curious, I am doing a website for a friends company, I would like to know how random users can come along and make a user account? Not one where I have to manually make their log-in and password myself. But one where the user creates all the information and can view online jobs and apply for them.

What you would want to do there is have a link on your Website that says something like "Register" or "Create an account" and link that to a contact form. You could then use our Form Builder software for this. Once you receive the data, enter it into Access Manager and send them an e-mail that their account is now active.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.