Web AccessManager - new version -...

User 483999 Photo

9 posts

Sorry if I am missing the obvious, but where do I find out what's new/changed/improved with the latest DL.

Love the program, I can see it expanding into something even bigger as it also is a 'poor mans' contact manager in that for me it reflects my customer database. Would be nice to be able to sort the list by groups (needs to have a group ID to do so) so that I can then select a group to email to without a lot of hand picking.

I also find myself looking at the top icons for emailing - then do the right click - nice to have an icon for 'Send email'.

Also will be nice to have way to add to database field list for auto insert of additional information.

Thanks!

David

I'd rather be...

www.IQXP.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Since the initial release in December, there has been no new features or enhancements yet. I will definitely pass along your suggestions to our developers ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

So was 2.0 just (heh, just) bug fixes?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

2.0 was the official release. 1.0 was the beta version. Once the beta completed, we updated the version to 2.0 and made it public.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Ah. Interesting number scheme, I'm used to initial betas being numbered below 1.0, such as 0.9. Cool. :cool:
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

We do that for other reasons. Listing software with a 1.0 version has a 20-30% less conversion rate then 2.0 or higher. Users tend to think that 1.0 is less developed with less features.

Isn't marketing fun ;)
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Marketing would drive me to http://www.spinland.biz/smileys/drunk.gif .

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

You have no idea ;)
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

I'd definitely go with David's groups proposal. It would be very useful if I wanted to grant access to certain classes in college and not others. The current system is OK but when you get past 40-50 users, it's a bit laborious.. our Moodle VLE has over 1000 users!

WAM produces the .htaccess file, would it be possible in a future version to have the facility to add custom code to the .htaccess file. Suppose that you wanted to stop people nicking your pictures, if you could paste the appropriate code into a "Add custom code" box before generation, that'd do it, wouldn't it.
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.