Web Access Manager and Online Shop -...

User 403397 Photo

33 posts

Just been trying to get what WAM can do and what it does and if it suits my needs.
What I want to do is:
I have an online shop open to the public. But I want to have another shop that is restricted to specific customers to access that has the products at wholesale pricing.

Would WAM be suitable for this? Or Password Wizard?
Flying High.......
Too much caffeine.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya BrianE,

Definitely WAM as it's the more secure setup. The only thing you cannot control with WAM is your customers' mouths so they could share the info with someone who could then access it also as there is no actual personal login created. The login that is actually used is just to access the site, it doesn't do an actual login inside the site at all. This just means that the customer could share it. One way I would suggest combatting that issue would be to make your customers provide their main emails and use that as their login info. People are less apt to share information if it contains anything personal of their own so it helps a bit to be as specific as possible on their accounts.

Other than that, WAM is a perfect solution to what you are talking about. Give the trial version a whirl and see how it works and that should help. Create a test site so it doesn't add things to your wholesale shop and take it from there.

Enjoy and good luck with it, I'm sure you'll love it like many of us do for all it's versatility. :)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.