WAM Log Out feature. - Post ID 79623

User 462238 Photo

144 posts

Any chance there will be a log out feature (ie a script that can be linked to a button) added to the newer releases

A re-login does not appear to be required as long as the browser is not closed. A new log-in only appears to be required when the browser is reopened, not once the user leaves the protected pages.

I've suggested this software numerous times in the Expression Web Forums for an easy fix for old Front Page converts (like me) since there is no easy solution. The only negative comment has been the fact that there does not appear to be a logout feature that some users apparently require, leaving them with fighting the whole php or js scripts thing which many casual users are not familiar with and have trouble implementing.

This would certainly encourage additional sales, I would think
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This would actually be outside of the software because a log out feature would be done on the browser level. You could easily add a JavaScript that kills the session id and forces the log out. Searching Google, I found many examples you can use.

http://www.google.com/search?client=fir … gle+Search
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 462238 Photo

144 posts

Scott,

Apparently

"There is no way to log out of a .htaccess protected directory, unfortunately browsers have never implemented a "forget password" feature! So we need to be imaginative!

Browsers only store one password per realm so we need to trick the browser into storing another "fakeusers" credentials.

This guide will discuss a number of options, not all of these are proven but have been tested with mixed results."

http://www.ssi-developer.net/htaccess/h … gout.shtml

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.