WAM generates error with large number...

User 41350 Photo

3 posts

I just purchased and installed WAM, and imported a CSV of 523 Username/password combinations. I got an Internal Server Error. Thinking that it might be because of the number of entries, I started over with 100. That worked. Then I added 100 and tested again..it worked. Performed this until I reach a magic number somewhere in the 450 - 523 range. Don't have time to do it one by one to see what the exact number of Users is the max...but somewhere above 400 it chokes. I've tried removing the .htaccess and .htpasswd and reuploading, but to no avail.

The URL is http://www.creativeillusions.biz/sevc2009
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design
User 41350 Photo

3 posts

1. URL to your Website (MOST IMPORTANT ITEM)
http://www.creativeillusions.biz/sevc2009

2. Operating System you are using
Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP1

3. Include program name (application) in the subject title.***
Sorry...used the abbreviation

4. Version of the application
2.0 Build 169

5. Are you using the trial or registered version
Registered

6. What specific steps have you taken to create this issue?
Described in post

7. Does it occur every time?
Yes

8. Can you recreate this on another computer?
Haven't tried.
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design
User 41350 Photo

3 posts

OK...I have now tried it on another PC. I didn't really think that this would make a difference, and it didn't, but I just wanted to comply with the posting guidelines above.
Steve Brame
Brame Web Design
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

There are no limitations that I know of in Apache or in .htaccess with the number of users. I just added about 1000 on my test server with Godaddy and did not have any errors at all.

I would suggest opening a support ticket and e-mail us a copy of your .hdb file:

Vista:
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\CoffeeCup Software\CoffeeCup
Website Access Manager\Databases

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User-Account]\Application Data\CoffeeCup
Software\CoffeeCup Website Access Manager\Databases\
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.