Uploading Website Access Manager on a...

User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Olisaeloka Okeke,

Did you use WAM to remove it from your server?

Did you use an FTP program to remove the .htaccess file?

Did you wait a while, then reupload, then wait a few hours for Godaddy to get caught up with the change?

Those are the steps that seem to be working.

By the way, I have a friend whose name is Obinna Okeke.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Olisaeloka Okeke wrote:
I'm having the same exact problem that Phil had with the Login window continuously popping up after entering the correct username and password. Following Phil's steps when he had this issue, I have removed WAM from my server (GoDaddy), re-uploaded it, waited a few hours and tried it again with the issue still coming up. Any help with this would be appreciated.

You are more then likely using the wrong server root path. Make sure you are not selecting the folder you want to protect when editing the ftp settings.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 626619 Photo

2 posts

Hey BillR and Scott...thanks for the pointers.

I have used WAM to remove the .htaccess file from the folder i want to protect and used the godaddy FTP program to remove the .htpasswd file from the root folder.

I waited a few hours before re-uploading WAM to the server, and another few hours before trying the username and password.....the login window still kept coming back.

I have checked my root folder in my ftp settings and it isn't pointing to the protected folder. It is pointing to the root folder.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Using an FTP program or some other way of browsing your files, you should see the .htaccess file in the protected folder. You should also see the .htpasswd file in the root folder with your index file.

Do you have that arrangement?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Please contact us through our support system and we can take a closer look. We will need to get some private information from you.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Please contact us through our support system and we can take a closer look. We will need to get some private information from you.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.